My AX.....

Just watched the vids.

The terminator looks to be exactly the same design as the APA fat B**tard. IE , a series of rear angled [ 30 degree ] ports.

Nowt new under"t sun. :D

• 2 weeks later...

It was completely de bonded Gary. Its the only way to ceracoat an AW bonded gun properly. The paint is baked at 300 degrees for an hour. The would,t do the bedding any good at all.

Then re-bonded to factory spec with the correct compound and shims/torques.

I shot this over the weekend at CSR and kept getting the guys in the butts to measure some of the rattled down groups. This was a 10 shot group shot in 50 seconds off the grass/bipod. I reckon its no more than 3" across. At 300 yards.

IMG_1469_zpsbixdgcdc.jpg

I also had a couple of 3 shot groups at 500 yards which were just over the inch.

• 2 weeks later...

Fully understand the reasoning behind this, looks fantastic and something I would like to own, however a bit out of my price range. I am considering purchasing a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 CM, however I am a bit of an AI fan (I have an AI AT in .308): therefore I am thinking about a secondhand AI AE MkIII and then re-barrelling in 6.5CM. I would welcome anyone's thoughts on this. I did notice a similar idea in .243 on a website somewhere recently (it was about £2100).​

Any AI rebarrelled in Creedmoor works very well indeed, i've done AT,s AX,s and AW,s.Yet to do an AE, but it would work just the same.

If you can pick up a reasonably priced donor, it has to be a better proposition than the ruger, any day of the week.

Nothing wrong with the Ruger, its a great bit of kit, but if I,d spent £1400 on a factory rifle, i could,t see the point of re barrelling it and usually restocking it....which is what people are doing.

Mine has around 300 rounds down it now. Shot it in two comps and came second last weekend. During the comp, I had 4 rounds in just over an inch at 600 yards.

Everyone else had a couple to three minutes of wind on....I had none.

The more I shoot the cartridge, the more I,m convinced its the best of the three 6.5,s.

The Creedmore offers similar velocities to the 6.5x47 and 260 Rem with comparable bullets - surely if someone was shooting a 6.5 x 47 or 260 Rem on the shoot at Diggle beside you, using the same bullets at the same velocity as the Creedmore the wind deflection would be the same or similar for all three bullets.

Unless of course you sprinkled your bullets with majik pixie dust...... :)

Hmmmmmm........

Case design has some bearing on 'efficiency' largely via increased velocity,maybe precision via low SDs: 'the short,fat' concept; should someone tell the 260 nosler?)

But once a specific BC bullet of x grams leaves any muzzle at y fps,the case has no more influence.

The laws of physics (aerodynamics,more specifically) then apply (BC/drag /spin etc are factors ).

Can't see much to be gained from one of the popular trio of 6.5s over the others ballistically,though accuracy is not a ballistic. There are more impressive 6.5s too,even if less 'efficient',cutting the 600 drift (10mph) of the three mentioned from around 30 inches at 600 yards, to 20 inches -all

SAAMI ball park figures)-but still 20" note (120gBC.525@3312,and don't try for that in the popular three.)

gbal

The Creedmore offers similar velocities to the 6.5x47 and 260 Rem with comparable bullets - surely if someone was shooting a 6.5 x 47 or 260 Rem on the shoot at Diggle beside you, using the same bullets at the same velocity as the Creedmore the wind deflection would be the same or similar for all three bullets.

Unless of course you sprinkled your bullets with majik pixie dust...... :)

There was a lad shooting one of my 6.5 x 47,s....he had 2 minutes on.....work that one out.

In the limited rounds I have down the rifle, I can tell this one is something else. Probably a combination of an AI and the new cartridge.I just know its going to bring me some wins this season.

Anyway, I,ll shut up about the cartridge now. If folk don't twig on...its their loss.

Archived