CSR Training Course & Competition - Altcar Ranges 14-15 May 2016

John MH

NRA Training Course and Competition at Altcar Ranges - Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 May 2016

The NRA is running a CIVILIAN SERVICE RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP SKILLS COURSE at Altcar Ranges on Saturday 14 May, aimed at improving the shooting skills of owners of various CSR-type rifles. This one day course will involve both classroom and practical range work and is an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and expert coaching from national level shooters and instructors. The course fee is £55 for the day, and this fee is discounted by 40% for Under 25s.
Click here to download the Marksmanship Skills Course booking form. Bookings close 1200 hrs, Tue 10 May.
On the morning of Sunday 15 May, we will be running a CSR COMPETITION. This is available to any shooter with a suitable rifle who wants to gain more knowledge, cement the skills gained from the Marksmanship Skills Course, or simply to enjoy a day out with fellow shooters.
The Short Range Match will be shot in four classes from distances of 100-300 yards. NRA medals will be awarded in each class with prize giving taking place on the range at 1300 hrs.
Click here to download the match entry form. Close of entries: 1200 hrs, Tue 10 May.
Click here to enter online.
Click here to download the Course of Fire.

You could use either, the P14 you would have to reload on certain practices but there is time to do it if required. It is not an Enfield so would compete in Iron Sights Class. The Howa could compete in either Practical Optic or Service Optic class dependant on the scope magnification (max x4.5 for SO) and whether you have a bipod fitted (not allowed in SO Class but ok in PO).

So it does look like you have something thats suitable for the day to get the feel of what CSR is all about.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the date clashes with something else? I would love to go but that weekend is a non starter for me. Ill see if anyone else at the clubs I shoot at is up for it. I was hoping it would be oversubscribed and another date would be offered to satisfy the demand. Not sure why there isn't more interest as I'm sure lots of shooters have suitable gear for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived