A sleeping fox

Offroad Gary

Had a first the other day, a sleeping fox. Taken at 16.00hrs on sunday, has anyone else had a daytime sleeper?

Positioned as not to offend

D31EBBAA-543D-46AF-959E-397478B7BBF8_zps

Have seen a few on the small gorse mounds having a doze. There is a popular spot we walk in to on the estate that is a guarantee every time.

You see them under the lamp sleeping at nights there too.....

Never shot a fox sleeping but seen a few fast asleep out in the open or by a hedge in the daytime.

Couple of years ago when stalking with my buddy I nearly stepped on a vixen rolled up against a spruce stump. We both stood less than 2m away watching to see if it was breathing.

On a windy sunny afternoon I came across 4 sleeping foxes across a valley. They had come together possibly because of the wind sheltered sunny spot. I shot the four and a fifth came walking up the valley to sniff one of the shot fox...that was No.5 . Not bad for a sunny afternoon in less than 5 min. I didn't go over to see if they were all full sized but they looked like it. Shot plenty single sleeping fox in the past. Keep a look out for sunny wind sheltered areas.

edi

Iv only had one sleeping many years ago , thinking on it after i probably could of walked right to it and used humane dispatch had i had one !

Archived