New rifle project

Off the peg or custom? What calibre?

If it's off the peg I'd be looking at the Mauser or the new Sauer 404. Both offer the facility for calibre change. Off-road Gary will be along shortly with a semi weight for the Blazer.......

If it's custom, well the choice is yours.

Shoot me down Tikka fans but, the new Bergara B14 Timber looks interesting, so too is the price.

Does look nice I must admit would like to see one in the flesh.

Tuck, at The Shooting Show it looked and felt very good, having said that - I eat my words - the NEW Tikka looks very very good and at pretty much the same retail price point.

I haven't seen an advertised price for the T3x. Could you point me in the right direction?

I watched the IWA report with Tikka chap on TheShootingShow podcast, outlining the new action and better accommodation for Pic and rings, a steel recoil lug, not Alu, and new options to change the fore-ends and hand grips to suit the user.

An appealing development.

He stated the "prices would be the same or with little (upwards) change". No doubt GMK will have prices next week after IWA.

My choice would be a Blaser R8 success and you can get them left handed calibre choice .270 WSM or 6.5X47 Lapua

but then again the world is your oyster with a Blaser as you can change calibres and scopes at the drop of a hat

Cheers Stu

Suggest you look at Sako 85, Tikka T3 (T3x), Mauser M03, Sauer (in no order of preference)

I havent forgotten about the deer, just been busy by the way..

Try looking at these. Very traditional and nice kit....

https://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/en/nocache/products/hunting-rifles-steyr-mannlicher/sm12/versions/

Classic looks and a quality gun with decent pedigree.

I had a new Varmint model from that manufacturer maybe 20/25years ago in 22.250 that was less than impressive accuracy wise, had a massive bullet jump when using 55s. Manufacturers said that as its a stalking caliber a 75mm group was acceptable, carefull reloading got it down to about 40mm but that was the best I ever got out of it. Last I heard it was working well on Roe in Scotland.

A

Archived