My DIY annealing machine!

raptor calls

Thanks David!

I have not advertised the reloading trays, but people see them on the pictures beside some of the machines and are asking about them.

Regarding the extra torch bracket you`ve suggested, you are probably right and I have also thought about it.

David, I was unable to open the video you have uploaded!

Regards,

Lubo

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Err, ok!

"Crikey, вы занятой парень не так ли? ;)

Я буду заказывать один я, надеюсь, в течение следующего месяца или около того ... надеюсь, что вы будете в состоянии соответствовать меня? :)

Конечно, со всеми новый комплект я купил за зиму я буду теперь, вы знаете, * идти и стрелять * в какой-то момент ..."

:D

rich,onc there is any defecxt in the brass-neck split or seriously ,though rare, cracks just above the web area-case separation due-bin them as John says.

If you are really asking how many reloads are possible,thenthat depends on the stress of the load-hor=tter loads mean shorter life-often very much shorter-what goes is the primer pocket-once primers are loose,the brass should be trashed. This might be in single figurereloads in very hot loads.Nothing can restore loose primer pockets.

Annealing will give more life/reoads compared tonon annnealinguder almost all circumstances-and some anneal after every firing,though others only every 3 or even 5....again ,hotter the load,sooner anneal. Extending case life is probably the main benefit from annealing-especially with expensive brass,or brass than needs much prep time.

How many reloads can't really be quantified,but double figures at least for 'ordinary stressed ' brass,and some will get a lot more...chamber fit etc come in,as does tight neck etc etc-100y yard bench rest shooters can get 25+ firings as the brass is not worked much,and tend not to anneal. It's all pretty open ended,but done properly,annealing will give more firings,easier resizing,and probably more consistent neck tension etc-though such advantages tend to only show on target in very precise rifles/shooting rigs.

You could try having a batch annealed for you (induction best) for maybe £15/100 and see how it works out before committing to £2-600 for a turntable gas fired annealer. Don't try blow torch/bucket of water-more harm than good is likely.

Check out eg AccurateShooter site for reliable annealing info.More shooters here-UKV- are annealing.

gbal

• 2 weeks later...

Hola, soy Cienfuegos... de España. Hago competiciones de Fclass de 600 y 900 yardas. Y he sido subcampeón dos veces. Siento no hablar inglés.

La Reloader Brass Annealer, es un lujo, que aquí en España no se usa mucho... mis amigos del club, cuando tenga la mía aquí, voy tener muchas envidias.

Espero pronto recibirla. Espero el correo, para el pago por paypal...

Mandaré videos...

Un saludo desde España.

Hi, I'm Cienfuegos ... from Spain. I do Fclass competitions of 600 and 900 yards. And he has been runner-up twice. Sorry to not speak English.
The Reloader Brass Annealer, is a luxury, that here in Spain is not used much ... my friends of the club, when you have mine here, I will have many envy.
I hope to receive it soon. I wait for the mail, for payment by paypal ...
I'll send videos ...
A greeting from Spain.
Edited by Cienfuegos

Hola, soy Cienfuegos... de España. Hago competiciones de Fclass de 600 y 900 yardas. Y he sido subcampeón dos veces. Siento no hablar inglés.

La Reloader Brass Annealer, es un lujo, que aquí en España no se usa mucho... mis amigos del club, cuando tenga la mía aquí, voy tener muchas envidias.

Espero pronto recibirla. Espero el correo, para el pago por paypal...

Mandaré videos...

Un saludo desde España.

Hi, I'm Cienfuegos ... from Spain. I do Fclass competitions of 600 and 900 yards. And he has been runner-up twice. Sorry to not speak English.
The Reloader Brass Annealer, is a luxury, that here in Spain is not used much ... my friends of the club, when you have mine here, I will have many envy.
I hope to receive it soon. I wait for the mail, for payment by paypal ...
I'll send videos ...
A greeting from Spain.

Hello!

I have sent you a personal message translated in Spanish with Google translator.

Thanks for your interest!

¡Hola!

Te envió un mensaje traducido personal en español con el traductor de Google.

Gracias por su interés

Sí, ya hemos hecho negocio ... Espero pronto poder cocer mi latón