UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
raptor calls

My DIY annealing machine!

RePete

One hacksaw

1 length of 8mm camping gas/propane tubing available from a "Long river in Brazil" shopping site

2 Jubilee clips

Job Done!

It wont pass a Corgi/Gas Safe installation but is perfectly adequate for purpose and allows you to lie the propane canister down next to the machine and be able to angle the flame without carrying the weight of the bottle!

DW

How many machines have you made now Lubo?

Thanks Lubo pm received mate.

Some of my flat roofer mates have sorted me out with gas and gun for next to nothing so I'm all ready to go :)

I should be receiving mine today or tomorrow.

Can't wait

Mine arrived Monday as promised.

Tried it tonight,works fine now complaints.

Nicely put together.....money well spent.

Danny.

Mine turned up today, very pleased with the machine and the quality of Lubos work.

Another arrived in Cornwall today,,,,,,many thanks Lubo,,,,,have shared the cost and ownership with a mate,,,looking forward to learning this annealing lark,,,,have always avoided it but hoping to extend the life of those precious tight necked and turned PPC and 6BR cases.......kind regards and was a pleasure to buy from you Lubo,,,,,atb,,,,,O

Can we just put them on a baking tray and into the over on gas mark 9 for half an hour and job done or not.if no why not.

If heat from firing makes the brass hard how does the heat from the blow torch soften the brass.....?

Oh dear Mr Swarovski1 ... ... ...

post-13070-0-91030000-1475746791_thumb.jpg

A-NEIL-ING for beginners.... :-)

"Anealing -the art and the science of....." Accurate Shooter article has the full traditional story/reasons/methods-and using a domestic oven IS NOT one of them.

If you are really serious about getting cartridge brass annealing right (it all differs..),then the current (sic) state of the art/science is by electric induction,and the leading option is the AMP (Anealing Made Perfect) machine-pre calibrated for most brass,but can customise to yours (think £1000 or so,but it's done as right as is currently available). Nothing else can really compete as AMP optimes for your brand of brass,not some approximate average one temperature fits all.

gbal

A-NEIL-ING for beginners.... :-)

"Anealing -the art and the science of....." Accurate Shooter article has the full traditional story/reasons/methods-and using a domestic oven IS NOT one of them.

If you are really serious about getting cartridge brass annealing right (it all differs..),then the current (sic) state of the art/science is by electric induction,and the leading option is the AMP (Anealing Made Perfect) machine-pre calibrated for most brass,but can customise to yours (think £1000 or so,but it's done as right as is currently available). Nothing else can really compete as AMP optimes for your brand of brass,not some approximate average one temperature fits all.

gbal

Nothing like a bit of theorising to provide some Gbalance.

What about in real terms bearing in mind that this thread is all about Lubo's excellent annealing machine.

How about some reality rather than theory Mr Gbal - how do you anneal your cases? Do you anneal your cases? Which machine to you own/use?

Come on, do tell ... ... ...

Nothing like a bit of theorising to provide some Gbalance.

What about in real terms bearing in mind that this thread is all about Lubo's excellent annealing machine.

How about some reality rather than theory Mr Gbal - how do you anneal your cases? Do you anneal your cases? Which machine to you own/use?

Come on, do tell ... ... ...

Quite right Rob.