FAC referee questions

Flash

applying for my first FAC, but somewhat stuck for my referees. im originally from devon but now live in dorset. because of this majority of my good friends live at least 90 miles away. i currently live with the family of two lads who i went to college with and have known them and the family for at least 8 years, including of there GFs who i also went to college with. am i correct in thinking that even though i live with them they are suitable for referees. both of them including there dad who i have known for the same time all have FACs, and have done for as long as i have known them.

basically would any of the 4 options be acceptable for my referees.

also one of the forms is called a continuation sheet, on this do i write about reasons for wanting each calibre, and also that i have my DSC1, and what experience i have with shooting and handling firearms?

cheers

tom

applying for my first FAC, but somewhat stuck for my referees. im originally from devon but now live in dorset. because of this majority of my good friends live at least 90 miles away. i currently live with the family of two lads who i went to college with and have known them and the family for at least 8 years, including of there GFs who i also went to college with. am i correct in thinking that even though i live with them they are suitable for referees. both of them including there dad who i have known for the same time all have FACs, and have done for as long as i have known them.

basically would any of the 4 options be acceptable for my referees.

cheers

tom

It does not matter where your referees live so long as its in the UK , they just need to be adults who have known you for at least two years and to be of good character themselves , in my opinion its better if at least one of them is an FAC holder themselves but not essential , when youve thought of two phone your Firearms Admin and tell them who you propose to use , I`m sure they will be helpful, its also a good idea to join one of the shooting organisations that offer 3rd party liability insurance , they nearly all have someone who can help with applications advise.Good Luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived