DIY Turret Wraps

They won't ever be exact for every scenario as you quite rightly point out.

However you do the calculations for a given set of variables and produce the wrap based on what markings you want, there isn't any ballistic calculation in the production. It's all pre-production.

As someone else suggested above, you could get some additional turrets and build wraps for a range of scenarios, which is exactly what I am hoping to do.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't ever be exact for every scenario as you quite rightly point out.

However you do the calculations for a given set of variables and produce the wrap based on what markings you want, there isn't any ballistic calculation in the production. It's all pre-production.

As someone else suggested above, you could get some additional turrets and build wraps for a range of scenarios, which is exactly what I am hoping to do.

If you get chance could you please clarify the calculations required, I've as Hunter686 suggests but they still don't match up!

Many thanks

Andy

Diameter of the turrets X 3.14 then divide that number by how many moa in a revolution (clicks) in my case 80 for the NF and that will give you the exact spacing for your hash marks

Cannot get it to work for me!

Using an NXS scope 0.250MOA, my measurements are

29.972mm diameter therefore circumference is 94.112mm

40 clicks per turret which gives me 2.352mm hash spacing

available label height is 10.16mm

When i enter the coordinates into QCAD, the length of the "X" axis only allows me to enter 17 hash marks???

I must be missing something?

Any ideas anyone?

Cannot get it to work for me!

Using an NXS scope 0.250MOA, my measurements are

29.972mm diameter therefore circumference is 94.112mm

40 clicks per turret which gives me 2.352mm hash spacing

available label height is 10.16mm

When i enter the coordinates into QCAD, the length of the "X" axis only allows me to enter 17 hash marks???

I must be missing something?

Any ideas anyone?

Try zooming RIGHT in. You have to get really close to see the correct division's

I am thinking its something strange about the grid spacing?

Its almost as if its an error with the spacing/sizing of the grid coordinates...very frustrating!

Here's a couple of screen shots of mine, different scope but might help out.

Just realised you can't see my hash marks on the screen shot. But you can see them from that view.

post-14013-0-80773000-1458850462_thumb.png

post-14013-0-89979800-1458850476_thumb.png

I am thinking its something strange about the grid spacing?

Its almost as if its an error with the spacing/sizing of the grid coordinates...very frustrating!

Make sure you're defo in the drawing prefs and not the application prefs, they look very very similar but changing the grid in the application setting does not work

Make sure you're defo in the drawing prefs and not the application prefs, they look very very similar but changing the grid in the application setting does not work

Got it to work now - just seemed to start corresponding by its self in the end!

Only issue now is i have discovered my printer of 15 years is not up to the job of printing fine text!!

Thanks for the information on this - very good..

Got it to work now - just seemed to start corresponding by its self in the end!

Only issue now is i have discovered my printer of 15 years is not up to the job of printing fine text!!

Thanks for the information on this - very good..

More than happy to post you some prints if necessary :-)

Hi chaps,

Couple of tips.....

I was completely unable to sort out the grid the background to match my click measurements so (with plenty of time on my hands) I individually placed my hash marks for the first 5 MOA of my 20 Moa turrets. So the first hash was placed at ref 0-0, with the next at 1.17, the next at 2.34 etc etc and so on. Then I highlighted the first 5 moa and the copied and pasted overlapping the end hash marks. For me this worked and possibly it will for others who's grid is not working.

Second tip, ensure that if converting to PDF to print (like I did), ensure your zoom is set to 'window' or 1:1 - otherwise you may have a perfect grid that's way way too big!!!

Worth the effort and thanks for the originally write -up!

• 2 weeks later...

Please do share your own creations guys!

Plus if you get a file finished for your scope, do let me know as I can add them all to the original post and we can start a library!

We can always just upload base files so all the measuring is done and people can add their own ballistics on

Someone suggested printing directly on to vinyl so I am going to order some of this to try out

A4 Inkjet Gloss Vinyl Self Adhesive Sticker Paper x20 sheets https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000W4H63S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_MNQcxbGBXJKJD

I bought a sample pack from a company and it only cost 97p and you get 3 A4 sheets with adhesive backing.

Someone suggested printing directly on to vinyl so I am going to order some of this to try out

A4 Inkjet Gloss Vinyl Self Adhesive Sticker Paper x20 sheets https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000W4H63S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_MNQcxbGBXJKJD

That is what i used Adam, when i put the picture of the turret i did on FB.

Pricey but by the reviews waterproof!

Still cheaper than ordering from a custom turret seller...