Blaser r8 semiweight 6.5x47 lapua

Offroad Gary

Quite fancy one myself as it goes, with the Atzl trigger.

Go for it Paddy, theyre offering free lederhosen and a complimentary goat at the moment. Not sure if they have the lederhosen in your size but i bet the goat will fit just right.

Go for it Paddy, theyre offering free lederhosen and a complimentary goat at the moment. Not sure if they have the lederhosen in your size but i bet the goat will fit just right.

I love a tight fitting goat.

I was very impressed with the standard trigger on the R8. It just really unnerves me that if the mag falls out the trigger is gone too.

Are you down to the one rifle now Garry?

R93 in .243 swaro 4-16x50, go to truck/lamping do it all!

R8 in .223 (drone pro), 6.5x47 (zeiss 4-16x50), .308 barrel propping open cabinet door

7CD58848-94F8-434B-80D3-3FD9F90B66D2_zps

And ive got 2 mags/triggers for the R8, handy when i expect a bit of action..

Knock yourself out over that lot!

I'm pleased to see anther Blaser lover like myself on hear its only me personal opinion of course so please lets not start

with a onslaught of different opinions :D

Offroad Gary id be very interested in how you get on with you 6.5x47 barrel and if your going to do some load development

as iv had the horn for one myself for a while now but just seam to go for my favourite 270 wsm when the cabinet is opened its like a magnet to my hand :D

which is also an R8 success

Cheers Stu

I had the 650mm barrel chopped down to 580mm by dasherman, same length as the standard blaser barrels(I've had 6.5x47's at 26", 24" and 20" before therefore was fully aware of what performance related to length would be like), I had it threaded 15x1 w/s to match the factory threading of the standard barrels as for some reason the decided to thread them 17x1mm.

I think this ones going to be a keeper..

load development next, my amax loads were sub .5" for 3 shots but not as tight as the prohunters. velocity was slightly low as well (2779 fps) from a 22 3/4" as opposed to 2810 fps from my 20" L/W sako barrel.

i'll be pushing it up from 38gn varget in .3gn step to try and tighten up the groups and get the velocity up a bit. it might speed up a little with a hundred rounds through it or so, they normally do.

Just out of interest how repeatable are zero's with the switch barrel system. I'm guessing good with dedicated optics?

100%, the mounts have to be adjusted to the barrel (they are all slightly different) and the scopes zeroed, but they come off and go back on 100% perfect. better than picatinny (in my experience).

I haven't tried the repeatability of the one my drone is fitted to, that operates as a clamp rather than a camming system. previous owner said it was repeatable, but I cant confirm either way. that's a non-genuine part.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice rifle. I'm a fan of Blasers. I have an lrs2 in 223. It is the most accurate factory rifle I have ever shot. Also very easy to load for. All my loads are pretty much factory length , and the rifle has liked every round I have put through it. Easily under moa with. Factory rounds and in the high .1s with handloads. When I burn this barrel out I will get another factory match barrel in the same caliber.

• 1 month later...

Fitted a pm2 and some third eye blaser rings. Christened a couple of munti's with it, one offhand on 5x and one off the roll top on 25x. Quite versatile.. Might even enter factory class at the egg shoot with it

121169AB-76EB-4AFC-9492-2BFD2A2EF193_zps

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Gary

I have a pro success on order and I'm looking for the best way to mount my pmii on top of mine also. Does the scope clear the Blaser mount when using the third eye rings? Will they attach to any genuine Blaser saddle mount or is there a perticular one I would need to get?

Any help is much appreciated.

Nice setup Gary:)

Can't beat Blaser, I've got three barrels now and a K95.

Herbert the tier one Blaser Tac mounts fit to to a Blaser base, make sure you have the newer mount base as they they won't fit to the older mounts.

The Tier one Tac mounts are of high quality. I really recommend them.

Cheers

Danny.

Archived