VICTORY V8 4.8–35x60

duff eyed doyle

A great idea done badly. I shot them in Denmark at the Zeiss fieldshoot last year and was dissaponted within seconds. Pointless 5mm clicks, limited travel and second focal plane only with liminted reticle capability. Its designed for hunters rather than shooters, those who want to count eylashes on roe deer at 125metres.

The 2.8-20 V8 was spectaculary good, the 35x.........vice versa.

I agree with Hatzi - how many quarry shooters want 35x mag and 5mm clicks and how many target shooters want the limited elevation range and unsuitable reticles?

This scope offers 130 cm @ 100 meters of elevation - That more than enough for shots well past 1200 yrds away.

I wonder really how many vermin / hunters or target shooter really do a lot of there shooting past 1000 yrds anyway.

If there is an issue - get a 20 MOA rail - no big deal is it ..

The so called limited elevation seems a pointless issue to pick at.... Question - will you run out of elevation shooting a rabbit or target at 1200 yrds NO ---- MOVE ON.

Personally I find the 0.5 cm superb for shooting small targets at long range - An example of this would be shooting crow at 700 yrds - Using the 1 mil increments - one click will move POI - 7 cm at that range. Personally and after owning Zeiss 6-24x56 with both with 0.5 and 1 cm clicks - the finer clicks are the better choice and the one which most shooter prefer.

So in answer the question - who would want a scope with :

1. The sharpest, brightest optics with the one of the best resolution of any scope.
  2. A huge field of view .
  3. A huge mag range - 4.8 to 35 is one of the biggest and will do every type of shooting
  4. One of the most compact scopes in its class
  5. A great mildot ret in the SFP - that wont blot out the target on full mag or disappear if you wind it down
  6. The best low light performance on the planet .
  7. aesthetically, a very handsome scope that oozes class.
  8. A scope made by a world renowned optics manufacture with a long history and a deserved reputation for quality.

The answer to the question is "ME for one" --- and I bet a lot of other shooters who appreciate these qualities over having a million clicks which they will never use.

Sherlock

Whats weird is this scope has more elevation than the Swaro X5 . There was no comment by you that the X5 had limited elevation. :ph34r:

I find it unbelievable that you struggled with the new Zeiss at 550 yrds :blink:

I have no issues with running out of elevation when shooting my 223 with 55 grn bullets at that range. In fact I haven't even gone a full revolution of the turret - so less than half of the adjustment range.

My 22.250 - using 75 grn Amax has been out to 1100 yrd using my Zeiss victory with 0.5 cm clicks - NO issues - could have gone out further... For the record , this is scope has even LESS elevation range than the new 4.8 - 35 Zeiss.

I know you have used one ... but the maths and my own experiences of owning and running three victorys 6-24 doesn't support your comments.. Maybe your scope was mounted so that the majority of the adjustment was used up ... i.e below the line of sight. Fek knows -. - What I can say is having 130 cms of elevation at 100 meters wont stop anyone shooting beyond the accurate range of most rifles and people.

What is true , there are load of great scopes in the 24 power mag range - But as you get above 32 mag , really good optics are much thinner on the ground. Other than a couple of scope by IOR , which look like they have fallen out of the ugly tree - what has got the optical quality and sheer mag range of this new Zeiss What comes close to low light performance and has the prestige and heritage of this scope. ???

Shelock

Given the scope has 5mm clicks and the turret only turns ONCE when set up with the stop pin set correctly, do the math.

Still, Zeiss will sell plenty to armchair shooters and if i ever see one in the UK i will be interested to see how they have modified it to overcome problems we found. I'm booked to see zeiss at IWA and also a Uk press event at zeiss hq the following week so we shall see.

Given the scope has 5mm clicks and the turret only turns ONCE when set up with the stop pin set correctly, do the math.

Still, Zeiss will sell plenty to armchair shooters and if i ever see one in the UK i will be interested to see how they have modified it to overcome problems we found. I'm booked to see zeiss at IWA and also a Uk press event at zeiss hq the following week so we shall see.

Had to take the zero stop out of my 5-24x50 z6i to get more than one turn. 2 minute job to do.

Hey guys, actually the new V8 4,8-35x60 is not only limited with its 130cm of internal movement. It is even more limited with its 0,5cm clicks. The ASV LR has only 100clicks and this means that it has only 50cm of movement which equals 5MRAD... The guys at Zeiss are aware of this and they will probably release also the 1cm version with 10mrad of travel, but not for now.

I bumped into some friends who were chatting to one of the Zeiss reps at the BSS on Friday. They pointed to the 4.8-35 V8 and told me the Zeiss rep had just informed them Zeiss had limited it to 600 metres because they didn't want to endorse long range shots at animals.

Now that's a great marketing spin.....

I bumped into some friends who were chatting to one of the Zeiss reps at the BSS on Friday. They pointed to the 4.8-35 V8 and told me the Zeiss rep had just informed them Zeiss had limited it to 600 metres because they didn't want to endorse long range shots at animals.

Now that's a great marketing spin.....

I just think they made a big mistake. This scope could also be a good target scope, but who will use it with 5mrads?? And I don't take the excuse of 600m max, because all the other V8 models have 10mrad so it comes to 1000m+... I just think that lots of people will not go for it because of the limited 5mrad of adjustment...

• 2 years later...
On 2/15/2016 at 1:15 PM, trazman said:

Hey guys, actually the new V8 4,8-35x60 is not only limited with its 130cm of internal movement. It is even more limited with its 0,5cm clicks. The ASV LR has only 100clicks and this means that it has only 50cm of movement which equals 5MRAD... The guys at Zeiss are aware of this and they will probably release also the 1cm version with 10mrad of travel, but not for now.

I dont understand what you are saying here, my 4.8-35X60 V8 is zeroed at 100m and I have 101 clicks available from there, I have mounted it on a 20 moa rail though! 

Do you mean 200 clicks from the 100 meter setting, or there are 200 clicks available from start to end with no stop pin in place?

If you mean 200 from 100m then without the pin in place that could theoretically get me out beyond 1000 meters! 

On 4/21/2018 at 8:52 PM, OSOK said:

Having good optics alone doesn't cut it for me , There a lot of scopes better equiped than this out there for both the same money and less

OSOK

Fine, thats your opinion and of course you are entitled to it

On 21.04.2018 at 6:18 PM, redding said:

Do you mean 200 clicks from the 100 meter setting, or there are 200 clicks available from start to end with no stop pin in place?

If you mean 200 from 100m then without the pin in place that could theoretically get me out beyond 1000 meters! 

I have 20 MOA rail +200clikcs from 100m,

220clikcs is limit in this model (after removing inside turret pin)