FAC Renewal with Northumbria Police = Happiness!!

I have just come off the phone with a very pleasant lady in the Firearms dept in Cramlington who covers the Northumbria Police Force area.

My FAC is up for renewal on 2nd March and she said instead of arranging a visit to my home to ask any questions they are now done over the phone to speed up the process. So after about a 3 minute phone call she said my renewal would be issued and that was that.

This method obviously frees up time on unnecessary visits and allow them to focus attention on the more difficult cases where a visit would be required. So thumbs up from me as the last time my FAC was up for renewal I was visited by an FEO and a.n.other.

Not sure if any other area has implemented this smarter way of working, or has Northumbria copied it from other areas or is following Home Office guidance!

Anyway it is a step in the right direction!

Les

Exactly what I had last year, what a great system and so fast.

My renewal was 8 days from posting it in to new certs on the door mat.

Big thumbs up from me too.

Cheers

Bruce

Northumbria have got to be close to the perfect FLD.

I sent them an email this morning regarding a new acquisition, I got a reply 2hrs later acknowledging my email and confirming that they records had been updated. A few of my friends have recently had the phone call and fast renewal.

Nice one guys, keep up the excellent service.

Most other areas could learn from Northumbria, my recent variation was back with days, despite an email saying it might take up to two weeks. I had the reminder for my SGC a few weeks back, all sent in so will wait to see if I get the same treatment as the OP

if Northumbria can do this, why cant other constabulary,s do this it seems so simple.

Surely thats quite obvious - because they aren't Geordies.

The world has only two kinds of people, Geordies and those who wish they were Geordies :P

Surely thats quite obvious - because they aren't Geordies.

The world has only two kinds of people, Geordies and those who wish they were Geordies :P

It's because Geordie bonny lads and lasses gan canny and divvent kick off when we get dunshed.

Plus I told the lass on the end of the phone that they are now on my Christmas card list and she sounded well chuffed.

Not sure I would have got the same reaction from say GMP/Met/Londonistan areas and would have been arrested for non pc comments.

Whey Aye Man!! :P

Gender reassignment must be going well then :huh:

I was always suspicious of Les Holgate and when we went out for a curry in Uppermill on a Saturday evening, as he always put on stockings and suspenders under his trousers. Plus a little dab of Chanel which apparently made him feel empowered and a dab of rouge of course!

I did ask if he was going to change his name from Leslie to Lesley but got short shrift from the ladyboy. Bless!!!

• 3 months later...

Phone call from Northumbria on Wednesday morning, FAC arrived on Saturday. The officer I spoke to was very friendly and exceedingly helpful.

If service like this could spread to the other areas in the country...

Archived