Drone pro qd mount fix.

Offroad Gary

What problems were you having?

No actual problems, just thought they were unsightly and not robust enough for me. To get the qd's to lock in you have to cam them past the click of the locking lever, there is scope fir them to back off a little. I'd closed them real tight and the aluminium had deformed slightly under the pressure. They could also snag on things. It would have been better if they hadnt have put in a recess for the nuts, then you could have cammed them over, backed them off to the locking lever and tightened up the nut. I just dont trust qd picatinny fixings. And the quality of the machining of them is shocking.

• 1 month later...

What mount is that on your Blaser? Does it come all the way back over the action? Is it QD sorry for all the Questions but it looks like after a lot of resisting i am going to go down the R8 Route.

Thanks Sean

Look at item 231850864514 on the bay.

It came with the rifle, fixes with an allen key in seconds. i havent tested its repeatability but it locks home well although it clamps on rather than having the "camming" fixings like a standard mount. Ive also got a tier one rail that fits on a saddle mount, that is repeatable but you need a mount base at £280 for that plus the rail at £60. Doesnt reach as far back or as low.

Hi Gary

How many click off centre did you end up at ? I had to have a rail made for the remmington think ended up about 16 mm deep to get correct eye relief and clear the bolt so my cross hair ended low and a little to the left -51 down a little of putting when you look at it but still works ,often thought about straight pull set up but drone still looks a little high on your set up

Lee

Hi Gary

How many click off centre did you end up at ? I had to have a rail made for the remmington think ended up about 16 mm deep to get correct eye relief and clear the bolt so my cross hair ended low and a little to the left -51 down a little of putting when you look at it but still works ,often thought about straight pull set up but drone still looks a little high on your set up

Lee

I think it ended up at -15, +5 or there about. the Blaser mount with the tier one rail was straighter then the aftermarket rail I'm currently using. its not too high, its perfect for standing shots off sticks or highseat work. furthest kill is 330m off quad sticks, furthest miss is 80m.

this looks like a great idea . did you just take the qd mounts off and replace them?

Yep, m4 screws and nylock nuts, m4 and m5 washers. Solid enough. The qd's were pretty poor quality and i didnt trust them, they were starting to flatten out past the locking point

Yep, m4 screws and nylock nuts, m4 and m5 washers. Solid enough. The qd's were pretty poor quality and i didnt trust them, they were starting to flatten out past the locking point

Thanks Gary, great idea. Just ordered the bits.

• 3 months later...

Look at item 231850864514 on the bay.

It came with the rifle, fixes with an allen key in seconds. i havent tested its repeatability but it locks home well although it clamps on rather than having the "camming" fixings like a standard mount.

Have you tested its repeatability yet Gary?

Thinking of one of these or the contessa rail, but want to be able to swap between this and a day scope in a Blaser ring mount.

• 2 weeks later...

Blaser mounts

This is from the same seller. He doesn't seem to have any picatinny rails listed at the mo, but if you contact him through ebay I'm sure he will help.

I was thinking of going down this route, but prices have jumped following Brexit (he is US-based).

• 11 months later...

Gary is no longer a member. However I am collecting a Blaser today and have the same rail ready to mount. From the research I did I believe it will return to zero when removed and re-attached.

How did you get on with this? What nv are you using on your blaser? Any pictures? Many thanks

Archived