Cheapest place to buy a Blaser R8 223?

phillips321

Guys,

I've currently got a few quotes from the local gun shops for a Blaser R8 223 but they all seem to take a few minutes and then come back with a figure, this figure differs by £500 between 3 quotes which is a little crazy, so it seems like figure they calculate and then add on their own random percent afterwards.

Does anyone know what i should realistically be able to get a R8 223 for? I don't want to get ripped off just because a shop thinks "if this guy can afford a Blaser he can also afford to be ripped off", because that's certainly not the case. Currently a Blaser R8 is out of my price bracket and i'll end up with a Tika T3 or Howa 1500 or similar, but, if i can get the price down a little further on the Blaser and reuse a scope off a different rifle i should be able to afford my dream rifle. (Not that a T3 or 1500 is a crap rifle, i just want something that I can keep for a long time and grow with me).

Thanks in advance to anyone able to assist.

Guys,

I've currently got a few quotes from the local gun shops for a Blaser R8 223 but they all seem to take a few minutes and then come back with a figure, this figure differs by £500 between 3 quotes which is a little crazy, so it seems like figure they calculate and then add on their own random percent afterwards.

Does anyone know what i should realistically be able to get a R8 223 for? I don't want to get ripped off just because a shop thinks "if this guy can afford a Blaser he can also afford to be ripped off", because that's certainly not the case. Currently a Blaser R8 is out of my price bracket and i'll end up with a Tika T3 or Howa 1500 or similar, but, if i can get the price down a little further on the Blaser and reuse a scope off a different rifle i should be able to afford my dream rifle. (Not that a T3 or 1500 is a crap rifle, i just want something that I can keep for a long time and grow with me).

Thanks in advance to anyone able to assist.

As a new rifle is a big spend I suggest you buy a copy of Gunmart and get phoning around , an hour of calls could save you a considerable amount , if a dealer has what you want on the shelf he may just do an amazing deal , dont be scared to do some driving if necessary , good luck.

Where are you from anyway ?

Gregor Mcleod in Tain is the man to deal with, straight as they come, a true gent. If youre struggling to justify the cost, work out the time and expense to get a lesser rifle to shoot straight. Buy once, cry once!

Gregor Mcleod in Tain is the man to deal with, straight as they come, a true gent. If youre struggling to justify the cost, work out the time and expense to get a lesser rifle to shoot straight. Buy once, cry once!

I can only confirm what Gary says, plus Gregor has huge stock levels compaired to most dealers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived