CMMG .308 side charger conversion

This is the first of these rifles I've seen.

The customer (a member here) was having kittens when I texted him pics of the work in progress, but Bradders isn't afraid to hack anyones pride and joy up :lol:

Anyway here's some pics

Mill

IMG_0561_zpstf3wzz5c.jpg

Blast

IMG_0562_zpsdgsxt0fz.jpg

Cerakote and reassemble

IMG_0563_zpshkixhic3.jpg

Luvlee jublee mate

Ok,

CSR comp today (thanks to all those who organised and ran it)... And the CMMG AR10 was in action.

Worked beautifully. Thanks to Mark and his patients with me.

Got stung BAAAAAD by a "gunsmith" before hence I was nervous and more than likely bugged the snot out of him.

110% vouch for Bradley arms... Comms, customer service, turn around time, workmanship and the finish.... I was nervous I would have a patchwork rifle but all blends in nicely.

Would utilise his services again (sorry Mark, may have to deal with me again)

Now just need to man up and control the beast when kneeling.

Ok,

CSR comp today (thanks to all those who organised and ran it)... And the CMMG AR10 was in action.

Worked beautifully. Thanks to Mark and his patients with me.

Got stung BAAAAAD by a "gunsmith" before hence I was nervous and more than likely bugged the snot out of him.

110% vouch for Bradley arms... Comms, customer service, turn around time, workmanship and the finish.... I was nervous I would have a patchwork rifle but all blends in nicely.

Would utilise his services again (sorry Mark, may have to deal with me again)

Now just need to man up and control the beast when kneeling.

I shall be using my POF .308 for CSR soon . I did wonder about the kneeling shots as it does bark a bit and you loose sight of the target in an instant.

Lovely job By the way Mark . Very very nice. I do love an AR10. Man's calibre .

I shall be using my POF .308 for CSR soon . I did wonder about the kneeling shots as it does bark a bit and you loose sight of the target in an instant.

Lovely job By the way Mark . Very very nice. I do love an AR10. Man's calibre .

Get a good muzzle brake. My Ruger barely shudders.~Andrew

Looks good Mark and interesting to see you using parallels to protect the work piece, I do the same especially with soft metals. No matter how often you wipe the vice jaw faces down it is so easy to leave a fleck of swarf on the face that leaves a pressure mark on the work piece.

It Has a good brake that does a great job , Still a lot more lively than a 5.56 though.

What kind of brake do you have? I bought a self timed brake from this guy

http://www.muzzlebrakesandmore.com/Home_Page.php

and couldn't be more pleased. My friend's 13 year old daughter emptied two magazines of my long range loads and told her dad she wanted a rifle like mine because it kicked like a .22.~Andrew

What kind of brake do you have? I bought a self timed brake from this guy

http://www.muzzlebrakesandmore.com/Home_Page.php

and couldn't be more pleased. My friend's 13 year old daughter emptied two magazines of my long range loads and told her dad she wanted a rifle like mine because it kicked like a .22.~Andrew

I use the POF 3 port brake that comes with it. Very loud with an 18.5 barrel but efective!

Archived