IOR Recon

Si-Snipe

I have a Recon, it's superb.

Had it a few months now, impressions so far are;

Optical it's as good as my Z6's.

Field of view is excellent, and there's no tunneling at the lowest mag.

7x zoom range is good as is the FFP.

The front mounted parallax is 'different' but works very well producing a crisp image all the way down to 8m at the full 28 power.

The reticle is useful with the subtensions matching the clicks perfectly.

Turret's are good, and the tracking works flawlessly.

The Recon is very heavy, but it's compact, and the 40mm tube looks cool.

Oh and the Spuhr mount mine sits in is a fantastic piece of engineering.

The front mounted parallax is 'different' but works very well producing a crisp image all the way down to 8m at the full 28 power.

Thanks for feedback. Which reticle do you have? How is the centre dot for size? The info states 0.1 mil which is 0.34 MOA approx. I use a 0.25 MOA dot and didn't want much bigger ideally. I wondered whether 0.1 mil is approximate size and its in fact smaller like the MOA ret dot?

Get some pics up. I would like to see the spuhr mount in 40mm

Thanks for feedback. Which reticle do you have? How is the centre dot for size? The info states 0.1 mil which is 0.34 MOA approx. I use a 0.25 MOA dot and didn't want much bigger ideally. I wondered whether 0.1 mil is approximate size and its in fact smaller like the MOA ret dot?

I have the MP8-X, I too was worried about the size of the dot but in reality it's fine for my use. At the end of the day it's still only covering 10cm at 1000m

Did you shoot the RBL with this rifle? Pretty sure I saw it. It's so small I didn't realise that was x40 mag!

Yes I did shoot the RBL, but the Recon has a max mag of 28x. IOR do make a few higher mag models though.

I've seen that. It felt more like a promotional video than a review. Good video though. He seems a cool guy.

yep deffo seems cool.... surprised ur "mate" ;) has not convinced you yet to spend the dosh on a crusader....is your preference mil/mil rather than moa/moa?

yep deffo seems cool.... surprised ur "mate" ;) has not convinced you yet to spend the dosh on a crusader....is your preference mil/mil rather than moa/moa?

Rich is trying hard. I'd prefer MOA due to finer clicks but for a good scope I'll make an exception.

I thought he would; he was gobsmacked when he first saw mine compared to his own. I am looking towards my third IOR and am happy with the products they offer including their mounts. Unfortunately I too prefer MOA reticles and would buy a RECON today if they offered one with this reticle...at the current price.

I am also intrigued to see if they bring an MOA version of the new 3-25x50 as a more compact FFP version for a sporting rifle although I feel the pricing is a little close to the Crusader not to opt for another one of those and shuffle around other scopes...I know these scopes are fully worth the price and more. (not bitter honest(paid £500 more than current))

http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/ior-3-25x50-illuminated-ffp-mil-dual-zero-side-focus-riflescope/

Archived