Suggestions for good budget scope rings and 20 moa bases.

Will_

I'm looking for suggestions for good budget scope rings and 20 moa bases.

They'll be mounting a 30mm Sightron SIIISS 8-32X56 LRMOA to a Remington 700 barrel.

I've seen all sorts of prices. I'm keen to spend as little as possible whilst still being able to shoot accurately out to 1000 yards.

Many thanks for any advice,

Will

On a budget - the DNZ one piece combined rings and mount looks quite interesting, but I've not tried them myself. £77 including shipping from OpticsPlanet (as long as it's not caught up in any ITAR restrictions).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D4CMALS?path=%2FDNZ-Products-Tactical-20MOA-Short-Action-Med-Black-20702T%2Fdp%2FB00D4CMALS&useRedirectOnSuccess=1

In the UK, Optics Warehouse sells DNZ, but not sure if they can get you the 20 MOA model.

I used Optilock bases and rings. Good quality, Steel, and have "no crimp" plastic inserts.

Buying a decent rifle and scope to cover 1000 yards, and then mounting them together with cheap bases, mounts and a rail seems to defeat the object of what you're trying to achieve. And may have you chasing your tail with accuracy problems at a later date.

Shuggy - FYI. Mike Norris obtained and installed a DNZ game Reaper OP mount on my Howa as the supplied Pic rail came loose twice. 0 deg but a great piece of kit and looks neat. The medium height will take a 56mm obj.

Will - the cost of going to Minsterley Ranges (£30), petrol for 360 miles (£70), testing ammunition (£25.00) - invest in good kit. It pays for itself !

I've always had great admiration for Leupold standard bases and rings. They have 20MOA built in and also have windage adjustment. Mine have never moved since installing them.

They don't have the tacticool sexyness of picatinny but they work very well.

i used these for a couple of years and never had any problems, have changed to third eye now but only for looks

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm not looking to buy the cheapest, it's just over £100 for a base & more for the rings seemed excessive. I could be wrong though as I'm new to this. What do people think about Warne rings like these? http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/warne-permanent-attached-scope-rings-in-30mm-or-1-inch/

20 MOA bases seem a bit harder to find without going super cheap or expensive.

And what Leupold rings have 20 MOA built in? Looks aren't an issue for me at all. If they're tough and accurate I'll be happy.

Will,

I only use Burris Signature Zee rings, currently have them on four or five rifles but have used them for over fifteen years and wouldn't use anything else. The 30mm rings come with two ten thou inserts so you may get away without the tapered bases if you can zero the rifle low enough in the elevation range.

Richard.

I have a Tier one 30 mm one piece mount with built in 20 MOA and spirit level that I'm willing to sell. You will be getting everything you want including quality but at a greatly reduced price. PM me if you're interested.

Will,

I only use Burris Signature Zee rings, currently have them on four or five rifles but have used them for over fifteen years and wouldn't use anything else. The 30mm rings come with two ten thou inserts so you may get away without the tapered bases if you can zero the rifle low enough in the elevation range.

Richard.

I have a variety of these (amongst other sorts incl Nightforce) and as Richard says, they more than do the biz. The big attraction to me is they don't munt up the scope tube- there's no need to gark the finish, one of my pet hates. I have a larger Swaro on the .280 Ackley and it's never looked like moving in the rings.

Warne rings or any other rings that split vertically are a real pain to install or tweak.

I have some Burris rings for sale.

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/29265-burris-30mm-xtr-extreme-tactical-scope-rings/

Regards JCS

Yep I've found Warne rings to be a right pain too.I'm glad its just not me. In fact that's just what I'm replacing with a recknagel rail and tier one mounts. Buy once cry once. Knowing my luck the rem mount holes will be on the squiff. :(

• 1 month later...

Archived