Run in a new Barrel for FTR Shorts

Hally

I have had some Barrels that seem to take a lifetime to run it and then others just seem to almost run themselves in perfectly. This one was a dream almost no Copper after 15 shots during run in. I have heard people say that a Barrel that runs in easily is usually a keeper don't know if this is right tho. As the supply of Berger 185 & 210 isn't as good as it could be. So I thought we might save what we have. And 155.5 Berger's are very plentiful.so ordered a barrel to shoot the shorts using the 155.5 had it chambered and run it in during the week. I haven't shot the 155.5 for such a long time I had forgot just just how nice they are to shoot. So Run it in and off to 600y with no load development just thought I would give it a quick run . Three of us shot it bad day for shooting 35 deg Shocking Mirage and couldn't see the centre of the target and had to shoot on about 8x power.. and twitchy wind but had a itch to give it a go. It's 28 inches Long and 3.5 KG for the shorts in FTR. We shot 59.5 ... 59.5...58..4 The pic of the target was taken before the shooting was finished ..The other pic No Bolt in and we had finished

It's Showing promise for the shorts.

post-11774-0-23535100-1450425483_thumb.jpg

post-11774-0-83407100-1450427228.jpg

:lol: you just had to put that in upside down didn't ya , shooting well tho

Archived