Suppressor Round Up: What are people using?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure as to when they will be available in the UK , I know that a couple of ODL printed cans have been sent to the UK , both 30 & 338 cal cans , just be aware that ODL make the cans in 2 colours , black & a tan colour , I like the Tan colour my self .

They have not had much interest in the 338LM model , so have not done a run yet , But I have ordered a 338LM model AI can inTan from ODL , they have done a big run of 223 cans in both colours .

ODL is just finallising the QD suppressor mount for bolt guns at the moment .

Also be aware that MAE also make cans to mount onto AI Tac brakes .

RE : ODL AI cans , as far as I know , they intend to make just 1 model , the 338LM version for the newer big 2 chamber tac brake , as there is basically no difference in the Db numbers for the slightly smaller dia 30 cal AI can .

The New ODL AI cans use 2x different o-rings in the rear of the can , this makes for not only a good seal , but the added friction , seems to keep the can from unscrewing unintentionaly .

Never will I have another T8.

I currently have an AimZonic Cyclone on my .233. Sized for the calibre. Very good suppression. The benefit is the modular fixing nut. A very good build quality with a tactile rubberised finish and detailing. Weight. Don't know. Cost - I paid £305 and know that I could have got a cheaper alternative. Balances well on the 20in Howa though

On the Anschutz .22lr, I went with the A-TEC CMM4 for £49. The finish is so much better than the wave and its is smaller then the previous SAK.

On my HW100 .177 I have a Huggett. Great looks and beautiful engineering. No difference in moderation over the Weihrauch mod though.

Running an ASE NS3 in Stainless on my .308 and use the same mod on my .223(not the most noise efficient but it's cost effective and keeps the neighbours happy). Not a light weight mod, but built like a tank.

No reason and to be honest I didn't push for one. The farmer where I shoot gongs has the maxim from A-Tec and I am lead to believe it is a non modular evolution. I wouldn't be throwing rounds down a Maxim.

Top to bottom of the below pic

1) Ase Utra Jet-Z mounted on .223 AR after a 72 hour turn around by Jacksons for a thread swap.

2) Ase utra Jet-Z with Tab gear cover 18x1 over 2000 rounds

3) One Less Charlie Stainless .22 centre fire mod. Seamless build quality. Sound suppression like you would not believe.

4) MAE Muzzle can sold as to me for 6mmbr.

I wouldn't throw too many rounds down a maxim either.i bought one about 2 years back and it was lovely and quiet. One day it sounded a bit louder. I checked it and it had a split down the side!. I brought it back to my rfd who was very surprised to say the least. It was the section that joined the barrel. He ordered me a new one to screw on which lasted about 2 months and did the same. I checked the end of the can and it said 6.5 where my rifle is 223. Whether this had anything to do with it , I don't know. Here's a picture of it.

dd219c41b3de171d5609f72a7a08798e.jpg

DL - I looked at the LEI as it is a neat little thing but an eye watering £130 - £150.

I have the A-Tec CMM 4 on my Anschutz (£49.00) as it neater than the SAK (£33.00) and a much nicer finish than the Wave (£35.00) which I believe has replaced the SAK.

I understand that Aim will be releasing a RF specific mod which could be pretty effective if it follows the standards of their CF models.

I've been having a PM chat with Colin of OLC, his AS series have struck my as a weight compromise that could work for me in 6.5x47 (not sure for something as intense as 7SAUM!): An aluminium body (6mm wall) with a stainless steel blast baffle and 5 individual hard anodised aluminium baffles.

waiting on a freind who is developing an alu body with titanium baffles Reflex hopfully be ready this month for my 6.5

Just got word my DPT is in for my 6.5, looking forward to getting hold of it! Replacing a jet-z, don't think there will be much compromises, calibrate specific rather than the .30cal they make you get and nearly half the weight!

Just talked to the designer of ODL 3D printed cans , and they will be printing my 338LM can early next week , hopefully in Tan colour as well , when I get it I will post some pics of it , ODL where also looking at marketing a heat cover of some sort as well , will see if they have any progress on that as well .

Later Chris

Out of interest, what material are they printed from?

Interesting concept, and I bet you can print some mega complex structures giving great sound reduction.....

Printed from a high grade of TI , and on a printer that is powerful enough to fully melt the powder completely , and YES very complex & unusual internal structure , a design thats not able to be made with say normal machine tools & welding .

The company also is looking at high temp SS , ie inconel , for full auto applicatons , the SS is not any cheaper than the TI , just aimed at different user needs .

The company is looking at a cheaper way to manufacture a less costly product , it will use a mix of materials & some conventional maching & some 3D printing , simply so the company has a lower cost offering , other the hi end 3d printed cans .

Once the item is printed , they are given a heat treatment , and then a nitride finish .

Archived