venision sausage

banus02

good afternoon can one of the better cooks please advise,i will be cooking for some jewish guests in early October and need to make some venison sausages obviously I can not add my usual 25% pork so is there anything else to add to keep the moisture in .I have tried garlic and bread crumbs,lamb is usless and beef over powers the venison any help please

good afternoon can one of the better cooks please advise,i will be cooking for some jewish guests in early October and need to make some venison sausages obviously I can not add my usual 25% pork so is there anything else to add to keep the moisture in .I have tried garlic and bread crumbs,lamb is usless and beef over powers the venison any help please

Breadcrumbs will only add to the dryness, I have used cheap cuts of mutton and lamb to good effect, neck, and shoulder cuts work well, any cut that has high fat content. I usually use a 50/50 lamb and venison mix.

Adrian

:) good morning,thank you for the replies.i have kindly been given a couple of pigmy goats and I will spit roast these and use some of the cuts for mixing the sausages,i will also add extra egg so hopefully all will be fine.trying the sausages on the beaters trailer first though

Just read this thread,

Note to self, Never ever read a thread about food an hour before dinner time :wacko::blink::D

Alan

Especially one about Sizzling, meaty, lip smacking Sausages!!! Droooooooooooooooooool :D

Beware spitroasting goats- unless you go to some decent lengths to stop them drying out, you risk ending up with chewing leather. Been there, done that..

You could try stuffing the cavity with veges/garlic/ fatty lamb chunks.. and possibly also barding the outside (layering streaky bacon all over and tying on)

We expect photos and a review :P

• 1 month later...

quick up date the guns came in October and enjoyed their spit roast goat and double egg goat and venison sausage with greatfull coments ,it must have been ok as they are flying back in for two days in December but I wont be doing any cooking this time.. tips were nice :D

Archived