New actions

baldie

Just getting delivery through of these beauties.

This is a Defiance Deviant short action.

IMG_3272_zpsym713t4k.jpg

Its a one piece action which has an integral 20 moa rail and recoil lug.

IMG_3273_zpsuix8bkb0.jpg

The magwell looks like it will accept an AW magazine as the feed ramp is very wide and looks like it will feed from either side. I,m going to check this later by bolting it into an AX stock.

IMG_3274_zpslmfr7vw4.jpg

The bolt has an M14 style extractor which is super strong.

IMG_3275_zpstp8hphie.jpg

The bolt itself is a one piece design, which has beefed up primary extraction and is fluted.

IMG_3271_zpshagplqjq.jpg

Overall, a very nice stainless action, and one I will be keeping in stock along with Stiller Spectre,s and Predators.

I can also now get the Surgeon action again.

All available alongside my own 3 actions .

Simply more choice.

I,m almost certain it will John, just off to work with one clutched in my sticky little mitt now. :D

Cast my eye over the double stack options a while back, from memory, I thought that feature was a specific Defiance selling point?

Nice, very nice , are they made in uk? I hope ! What size bolt faces are available ? Taa

It feeds perfectly from a double stack AW/AX magazine.

The Defiance is going to be around £1700.

The surgeon is now around £1680. Not good value at the side of the Defiance.

Defiance actions look good, they are an attractive alternative to the Surgeon, Roger at SYSS has brought several in I believe on special order.

They look pretty damn sturdy

I didn't realise the exchange rate was what it is.

I think I know which action I will be going with for next build Dave :) Many thanks for your help the other day I really appreciate it.

No worries my friend. ;)

Call in for tea when you are passing and you can have a fondle.....

I might even show you the new action too....... :lol:

Machining an action with an inbuilt recoil lug and rail means starting out with a disproportionately large billet, and an awful lot more machine time.

That sends costs through the roof.

One piece bolts are exactly the same.

People allover come up with these "wishes" without considering what it will cost .

This action is at the very highest level, alongside BAT etc, it has a similar price tag.

I,m trying to cater for every level of price. Some folk want Remmy,s and tikka,s. Some want midrange custom, and some want nothing but the most expensive. :)

If I had more money to spend on shooting I would.ive a very long wish list that I've barely scratched the surface of.does these tippety tip top actions and bolts make the rifle shoot better.mmmmmmmmmmm I am not so sure but they will look bloody good trying though.i am a tackle tart.i like the nice things.trouble is it takes me forever to save for them.next on my list is a rebarrel when my 6.5 06 gives up.i can feel a 7mm coming on lol

Machining an action with an inbuilt recoil lug and rail means starting out with a disproportionately large billet, and an awful lot more machine time.

That sends costs through the roof.

One piece bolts are exactly the same.

People allover come up with these "wishes" without considering what it will cost .

This action is at the very highest level, alongside BAT etc, it has a similar price tag.

I,m trying to cater for every level of price. Some folk want Remmy,s and tikka,s. Some want midrange custom, and some want nothing but the most expensive. :)

Thanks for that I am glad I have kept me BAT now HABU STOCK inbound :D

It looks as if alot of engineering has gone into it all being one piece of metal but at £1700.00 ouch, its way out of my price bracket, remy and tikka actions will do me,

Shame you cant one mailed :) they start at £800.00 in the US.

Archived