Rifle Barrels From Spain

Guest rogern

Kal, excuse me if I am being a bit thick here but I think something is missing.........................

I have read the topic from start to finish and watched the impressive video...........

You have stated that you have 'ordered some' in so many words, so you must know how much you are paying and what the shipping, import duty & vat amounts to, some simple mathamatics from there and you should be able to give a cost per barrel figure to us 'outsiders'

nowhere have you given an indication and I have counted at least 4 references as to how much to the public, just say how much for whatever model/profile you have ordered, its simple.

Regards

PS. Rumour has it that Wireviz has been banned, why?? no warning lights at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kal, excuse me if I am being a bit thick here but I think something is missing.........................

I have read the topic from start to finish and watched the impressive video...........

You have stated that you have 'ordered some' in so many words, so you must know how much you are paying and what the shipping, import duty & vat amounts to, some simple mathamatics from there and you should be able to give a cost per barrel figure to us 'outsiders'

nowhere have you given an indication and I have counted at least 4 references as to how much to the public, just say how much for whatever model/profile you have ordered, its simple.

Regards

As ive said the prices are still being finalised, the barrels I have on order are for the CLA, as ive already stated on here and to Wireviz. I think you will find that the posts tell you prices are being finalised and the price I gave I asked not to be quoted on.

Please spare the snide comments of simple mathmatics, im well aware of vat and import as im vat registered.

Regards

PS. Rumour has it that Wireviz has been banned, why?? no warning lights at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wireviz has been banned . The owners and moderators have had enough of his constant sniping with nothing constructive coming to the forums. He has had enough warnings prior to the warning lights and was told there would be no more warnings given to him. This is the end of the matter.

Regards

Just to add, the main reason the prices are still being finalised is due to the Euro being up and down in the current market, once I have prices I shall advertised them in the correct manner.

Now if you are interested in a barrel great, if not then please refrain from further degenerating a thread that was put up for peoples infornmation.

Guest rogern

"Please spare the snide comments of simple mathmatics, im well aware of vat and import as im vat registered"

Jesus you are an arsy bugger, the comment wans'nt intended to be snide, thats how you interpreted it, it was a statement, IT IS simple mathamatics.

So thats that then, I,ve now got the gist of this forum over the last few weeks , you can post but only if you dont ask relative questions to certain members.

"Now if you are interested in a barrel great, if not then please refrain from further degenerating a thread that was put up for peoples infornmation"

I was not degenrating the thread, again that was your incorrect interpretation, my post was a genuine request to try and get a price per barrel to see if I could afford one, I have been following the thread since it started and thought one of the most important details (price) might have come up, it didnt, so I asked, but obviously that is not allowed. As a potential customer I would have thought some politeness skills need brushing up a bit.

Seems to me that there is 5 or 6 of you that should have the site exclusivley for yourselves and ban everyone else that doesnt agree with everything you say, funny how most of the keyboard aggression comes as a result of someone trying to sell something.

Guest rogern
Ar*y? I think not, just read back through the thread and you might discover why there is an element of frustration, but you already know that. :angry:

If you have been following the thread then you would of read the part about "prices to be confirmed", or maybe that one was skipped. Its taken this long for you to post after following the thread, I know why your are posting but, pull the other one.

There is no keyboard agression neither am I trying to sell anything, but of course you have read the thread?

[i]"I know why your are posting but, pull the other one."[/i]

Kal, there you go again, what is it with you? my post is genuine.

I have a Sauer .308 and have been seriously considering getting a 30-06 barrel (Sauer want £500.00), obviously I would need the action as well, so I know I can not afford to get a Border/pacnor or similar, all I wanted was a price per barrel, You've already ordered some samples so why cant you describe the barrels you've ordered and say what the retail cost of supplying one of those barrels is? That way I would know whether to follow your barrels up, its simple maths, either I could afford to persue it or I cant.

Why do you think that any reply has another agenda, serious politley put questions surely warrant polite replies.

Regards

Don't know what is so difficult to understand,

a new product will be marketed in UK, it is not

on the market yet.

Like a car factory introducing a new car for next year,

prices will follow. simple

edi

Right Kal just to clarify for the benefit of all.

At the CLA you are going to (hopefully) display some barrels that are new to the UK is that right?

These will hopefully have a retail price of £200 but this is to be confirmed is that right?

They are all bead blasted and fluted is that right?

This all seems so simple to me but others seem to be struggling!

Right Kal just to clarify for the benefit of all.

At the CLA you are going to (hopefully) display some barrels that are new to the UK is that right?

These will hopefully have a retail price of £200 but this is to be confirmed is that right?

They are all bead blasted and fluted is that right?

This all seems so simple to me but others seem to be struggling!

That sounds about right, you must of read my mind, or actually you must of read the thread!!! :angry:

It is all possibly subject to change as ive said.

Thanks.

hi kal,

Well done mate!!!

Looks like you could be on to a winner there????

I hope that your new venture go,s ok,,,

Keep up the good work :D

All the best Darrel

Cheers Darrel, im just hoping to offer people a good product at a good price, but seems you cant please eveyone now can you! :angry:

Hi Kal,

Would be nice to have a quality budget barrel on the uk market, keep us posted.

Well, you know how us welsh lads are tight. Sounds right up our street.

All the best,

Jay.

Hi Kal,

All the best,

Jay.

Jay

If you`re looking for budget I`ve got some scaffold tube hanging round somewhere :angry::D

Hi Kal,

All the best,

Jay.

Tell me about it, that Sheep you lads nicked the other week was a right minger! :angry:

Keep you posted. :D

One thing Kal has not mentioned is that the manufactures had a switch barrel/no gunsmithing opinion on there stand for the Remmington 700. They had turned a longer than normal tendon thread on the action end of the barrel, this locked the barrel to the action by means of a collar as per a Savage action. All you need is a set of headspace gauges and you could change the barrel yourself.

This could work well if you are shooting F class with a barrel burner calibre as you could change the barrel yourself mid season without sending it away to a gunsmith. Alternatively you could change your favourite stalking rifle into a bigger wild boar calibre for your yearly trip abroad, while still having a familiar rifle in your hands.

Best rgds

B-b

Wsm,

About that scaffold tube, can you fashion it so it has a shepherd's type crook on the end - now that may be useful?

Too larger bore for me .222 but with the hook i might be able to find a use.

Jay.

One thing Kal has not mentioned is that the manufactures had a switch barrel/no gunsmithing opinion on there stand for the Remmington 700. They had turned a longer than normal tendon thread on the action end of the barrel, this locked the barrel to the action by means of a collar as per a Savage action. All you need is a set of headspace gauges and you could change the barrel yourself.

This could work well if you are shooting F class with a barrel burner calibre as you could change the barrel yourself mid season without sending it away to a gunsmith. Alternatively you could change your favourite stalking rifle into a bigger wild boar calibre for your yearly trip abroad, while still having a familiar rifle in your hands.

Best rgds

B-b

I wasnt going to mention this but this is going to be a possible option.

Ian

The barrels will be unchambered/unthreaded, they will be blanks. As Bamby has said there is another option available but im not convinced about its potential in the UK market as a whole. I was looking at this venture as a quick fix for Hunters at a reasonable price, of course there will be trade interest im sure.

As ive said there are a lot of miles to go with it until all the factors have been taken into consideration, once the battle plan is finalised I hope to have a much clearer picture.

The barrels will be on the stand at the CLA...unless there is a plague of locust, flash floods, the hand of god or Chinese Pirates...you get the gest im sure... ;)

I believe "English" at one point, had looked into starting an import business for barrel blanks. I know that he has been busy of late, so I think it has fallen to the very back burner, but he was looking at Green Mountain as a supplier. Don't know if there's another distributor in the UK, but I can attest to the quality of their blanks as I have used them for several projects. They provide most of the industry in the US with barrel blanks...too bad a lot of th comapanies can't cut a chamber to save their lives. If you've shot an AR think you're pretty much garunteed to have shot his barrels

Might want to check them out, as their prices are very reasonable and quality is very good.

P.S. The GM (Rick Sanborn) is a really stand up guy, and will get you sorted.

Just a thought...

I think these are going to be well worth a look,more so if they get the option of other twist rates sorted.

Cheers Chris

Im working on other twist rates with these guys and also the 6.5 calibre, so in essence there will 1-8 to 1-12 in all the calibres listed inc the 6.5.

Watch this space. :D

Guest northernchris

"exciting prospect in that it could be possible to get a rebarrel for £350"

+K.A.T :D:D

Kal.Added.Tax

Archived