THE 2015 - ALL DISTANCE CHALLENGE

BIG-RICHIE

Hi All,

Competition D-Day is fast approaching and fine weather has been booked for the full weekend so alls good on that front.

I'll route out a few of you at Bisley over the weekend as I still need a couple of competitors full names, addresses and vehicle Reg in order for you to gain access onto Altcar Ranges. For those who aren't at Bisley and haven't done so yet, can you please forward these to me asap and can I remind you all to bring a form of ID with you as you will be challenged at the entrance on both days.

Competitor stats so far:-

63 Entries - Saturday.

14 Teams - Sundays.

I like even numbers so I'm looking for an F/TR shooter to join the mix but mainly for one of the teams on Sunday. If you've interested please get in touch! Text 07970060037 / richsjones@hotmail.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank everyone who took the time out to come and compete at Altcar over the weekend. You really have done me proud. Credit to everyone for persevering in some seriously crapy weather conditions.

Like with all these shooting events, they take lot of planning and all the 101 came together and put in there all and that's all you can ask so I hope you can all take something away from it and enjoyed yourselves. It's a learning curve and we already want to come back bigger and better next year and have plans in motion.

I want to apologise to the few that were effected in the first match by the stoppage. It wasn't ideal but our start times and stoppage times were governed by Range Control (For good reasons) and maybe on a dryer day we would of got through everyone quicker as our markers did struggle spotting the smaller Open calibers on wet targets.

Which now brings me onto our markers. They done a fantastic job considering the conditions and inexperience most of them have so thankyou for being patient with them.

I want to congratulate all those who come away with the awards (Laurie I'll make sure your Trophie finds it new home) and I really hope we can get you all back to Altcar and the home of the 101RC next year.

The season isn't over yet and no doubt I'll see some of you at Diggle, but for those who I don't, I wish you all a Happy Christmas and New Year. Richie

PS - I'm sorting all the scores on the doors now. I'll try and post them but have struggled uploading them in the past for some reason so will forward them on by email including a PDF. If someone can then upload them onto here that would be great..Cheers Richie

Best comment I heard (from an Irish shooter) O'll never complain about the large ice cream' weather at Diggle again!

HA! HA! The UKV naughty word software strikes again. Funny thing is the email advice of the post had the actual adjective still in and 'large ice cream' is not it!

I know just how the Irishman felt - come Saturday morning and I thought that putting an entry in had been one of my poorer decisions of the year, but we seem to have done MUCH better weather wise than Wales and most of western England.

Many thanks to the 101 club for putting on a great shoot, weather was better than we get at Diggle, had two good shoots at 500yds then dolloped at 600yds, but still went home with a smile on mi dial, many thanks Ritchie. one happy Ringer.

Cheers John - We're all glad you enjoyed yourself. I was going to say I'll probably see you at Diggle for the last 1000 on the 29th Nov but then remembered it's my wedding anniversary so I best swerve it in order to keep the peace. I will be there on the 12th Dec though so will hopefully catch everyone then.

Cheers John - We're all glad you enjoyed yourself. I was going to say I'll probably see you at Diggle for the last 1000 on the 29th Nov but then remembered it's my wedding anniversary so I best swerve it in order to keep the peace. I will be there on the 12th Dec though so will hopefully catch everyone then.

Yep!! you do as you are told, it will give me a chance of winning the 1000 lol, see you on the 12th.

Hi Richie,

Many thanks again to you and all at the 101 club for an excellent event.

We had a great two days despite the weather and shall certainly be back again next year.

I shall see you in Diggle for Rnd 1 but until then have a good one.

All the best,

Mark

Good to see so many of you lads from the Emerald Isle there. It's a shame that we couldn't get a Scottish team together this year for the Celtic Teams match. Only Des Parr and I were committed, but when we couldn't get anybody else to join in, it wasn't worth Des's time to come down to Altcar just for the individuals. Maybe we should see about a Yorkshire-Scottish team next year, like some of the famous WW1 infantry divisions.

Still looking on the bright side, we have to find some way to let Wales win FTR!

Archived