new 204 vmax

bigfox

Hi, Four weeks ago I bought three boxes of the Hornady 32 two of which were superformance boxes (same bullet batch) and one box of the old stuff different bullet batch.Ihave deliberately tried them all, mixed and had 10 foxes 2 carrion crows and 2 rabbits from 40 to 250 yds. Seem to be ok.Good luck

Hi, This is gonna cost me.Gun fell off the bed last night (don't ask).Had to use keepers 222 for lamping not the best but didn't embarras myself.Nothing looks damaged looking through scope.Going up to check zero and depending on results have sit out before dark.Wish me luck

I found the super performance shoots 1 moa higher at 200yards in 204 32grain but that wouldn't make a difrance to a fox.

Also found them an improvement in consistent performance in 22-250 and 223 look for difrant colour primers in a box if all silver I've found them very good in all three calibers.

I've only had my .204 a couple of months and only shot Hornady Superformance through it.

Excellent round in both 40g and 32g. My Tikka prefers the 32g but there isn't a lot in it.

There are three RFD's close to me that stock this round but nothing else. I'd be interested to know what other factory ammo is

available if anyone can help?

Reload and use Sierra 39gr Blitzkings. My 20BR gets on far better with them. Vmax has a max velocity of 4000 fps. I have had them break up in a 1 in 9 twist at about 3850/ 3900. The Sierras dont break up and hit hard as hell. On a 300 yard or so fox often as not there is no pass through.

A

Archived