Finally got my Traditional Stalking Rifle ..............

FGYT

Sorry, could you explain what you mean by 'bulging'? It won't take 10, or with 10 in the mag won't seat into the rifle? or? :)

you can fit 10 in But it binds so wont feed up and the mag bulges so its a very tight fit in the magwell or wont go at all runs ok 8-9rnds

or seen on here some where some body cut a leaf of the lift spring and seems to work ok

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got most of it from Black Rifle I had the ex demo :D (was going for the LSS originally as the HS3 didnt exist) but got a Ergo grip from Breacher on here £45 ish i think as i wanted a particular one but any AR15 Stock and grip fit and you can use a folding hinge if you really want short Legal OAL permitting

http://www.blackrifle.co.uk/Stocks-and-Accessories-s/1823.htm

after looking a the range this one would be good for me as a FFP http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/ior-3-25x50-illuminated-ffp-mil-dual-zero-side-focus-riflescope/

the 2.5-10 would be ok but I like a higher top end magnification Im used to 10-50 x on airguns :)

Interesting - it's a brand new model. It looks a lot smaller (and maybe lighter) than the usual IOR fare.

Yes. Is there picalilli on the underside of the HS3?

If it's anything like my MDT LSS then there are predrilled& tapped holes on the underside of the chassis for picatinny rails. Black Rifle provided me with a picatinny for ARMS QD Bipod mount with QD sling hole too.

I'm with you on this one BD, I keep on going back& looking at it too. I'd make minor changes; Barrel of 19 inches with straight fluting & lighter / smaller zoom scope. Magpul cheek raiser. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

l really do love the wooden bolt handle, that's beautiful Neil.

Damn. I keep sneaking back to have a look at this rifle. I think it actually makes me salivate!

Im south of salisbury if you want to come have a look ;) its wipe clean

No idea, but it wouldn't be hard to screw a bit on

yes there are a series of Tapped holes on the underside which ive bolted a long pica tinny rail to

Mag pull M lok slots would be good to

If it's anything like my MDT LSS then there are predrilled& tapped holes on the underside of the chassis for picatinny rails. Black Rifle provided me with a picatinny for ARMS QD Bipod mount with QD sling hole too.

I'm with you on this one BD, I keep on going back& looking at it too. I'd make minor changes; Barrel of 19 inches with straight fluting & lighter / smaller zoom scope. Magpul cheek raiser. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

l really do love the wooden bolt handle, that's beautiful Neil.

ive fitted a QD Cup on the other side so can sling between that and the QD points fitted by the Butt Tube nut so it fits flat on your back (Magpul MS4 sling for 2 point and single point handy for Night vision work )

Still working if i need a raiser its fine for Upright standing will fit a magpull one but will make a Kydex one first to work out hight etc (ive got some FDE Kydex some where )

and the Bolt handle is G10 fibre glass needs some work and maybe just FDE solid colour but feels good

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/29903-hand-made-g10-bolt-knob-started/

I didn't make it, I just threaded the bolt handle for D.

and really pleased i am Thank you Neil

Hopefully loading up some Ammo this week to start testing :D

That's fibreglass? It looks like laminate to me.

Anyway I like it as it is. It adds a quirky bit of class to what is otherwise a very nice but functional tactical style rifle.

yes its layers of coloured Fibreglass matting to give coloured effect of laminate I use it a lot to make Knife handles

11884573_1154513601230379_24181391949690

this has a white in it to simulate Multicam (but its to much IMO)

10415607_902008536480888_418660754536671

Or there's Kirinite an acrylic material or Micarta which is cloth in resin

10460454_909310459084029_167100831273864

• 4 weeks later...

Archived