Finally got my Traditional Stalking Rifle ..............

FGYT

Just picked up from Neil McKillop the Action (luckily he takes credit cards ;) )

He scourced a new Remmy 700 Stainless action and trigger unit (yes i know will probably upgrade later) and fitted a Pacnor barrel 1:8 in 6.5x47L cut to 16.5" and threaded fro a MOD

Ive put it in the MDT HS3 Chassis with Sliding Stock and MDT Mag from Black rifle and a Ergo Grip from Breacher

Full length Picatinny rail on the fore stock

Topped with a IOR 6-24x50 scope from optics warehouse

Put he G10 bolt on i made a while back feels fine may redo in just FDE colour

Just got to develop some ammo luckly have a freind who knows what hes doing

11921648_10206238340095516_5025868214237

11900006_10206238341095541_8095072471042

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awsome kit guys , thanks for posting picks .

Well, I really like tactical style rifles and I love Neil's work...but, I have to say that I find that a little too functional for my taste. Perhaps it would look in better proportion with a more slender scope?

Yes a smaller lighter scope would have been better in many ways was going to be a Meopta ZD 6-12 but this one came up at a good price and performance and features are what i was after Bar the weight and yes hte 35mm tube is a bit thick ;)

FGYT thats is a really handy looking rifle, I could do with something like this for a dedicated NV setup. Currently have a thumbhole stocked .243 but it's too much of a pain in the arse to wield from the Jeep. How much was that chassis and stock if you dont mind me asking?

Thank you, a quick google of afg2 has told me what it is.

Nice stubby 47.

yes ive used them on a few guns designed for Action and combat shooting but i find they can give a very stable hold for normal shooting tried on of my other black ones on this and it works well (well for me other shooters may hate it ;) ) so got a colour matched FDE one for this hopefully with the Moderator on it will drop the Center of balance right over the middle of it

FGYT thats is a really handy looking rifle, I could do with something like this for a dedicated NV setup. Currently have a thumbhole stocked .243 but it's too much of a pain in the arse to wield from the Jeep. How much was that chassis and stock if you dont mind me asking?

Got most of it from Black Rifle I had the ex demo :D (was going for the LSS originally as the HS3 didnt exist) but got a Ergo grip from Breacher on here £45 ish i think as i wanted a particular one but any AR15 Stock and grip fit and you can use a folding hinge if you really want short Legal OAL permitting

http://www.blackrifle.co.uk/Stocks-and-Accessories-s/1823.htm

How are you liking the Ergo ? I find it particularly good especially if one has bigger hands. Ended up putting one on my LMT and my CSR rifle too.

Yep definitely the right Grip ive big ish hands and this fits well

11921648_10206238340095516_5025868214237

11900006_10206238341095541_8095072471042

Looks great, not what I was expecting opening the thread! :lol:

- and the MDT mag is much better aesthetically than an AICS - is it a 10 rounder?

I'd suspect, with that short mid weight barrel (what profile is it?) it's going to put everyting in one hole.

The only 'challenge' I can see will be sorting out head postion - my cheekrests normally end up about inline with the picatinny.

(PS: clocked the charity name any personal significance? )

- and the MDT mag is much better aesthetically than an AICS - is it a 10 rounder?

I'd suspect, with that short mid weight barrel (what profile is it?) it's going to put everyting in one hole.

The only 'challenge' I can see will be sorting out head postion - my cheekrests normally end up about inline with the picatinny.

yes its a 10rnd mag But has problems with no 10 bulging and fitting for Deer i will only put 3-5 in any way

Eye line isnt a problem seems to fit quite well for me as is tho i was expecting to have to put a riser on .

For standing and off stick especially with this style you have a much more upright head alignment so don't need the Butt hight .

Its a Magpull Stock so i can fit Clip on risers or i may make a Kydex one ive lots of FDE Kydex ;)

yes its a 10rnd mag But has problems with no 10 bulging and fitting for Deer i will only put 3-5 in any way

THE barrel is a Pac-Nor Sporter #4 http://pac-nor.com/contours/ Neil cut the Chamber end back first as much as possible as its the heaviest bit then chopped the front to length

Eye line isnt a problem seems to fit quite well for me as is tho i was expecting to have to put a riser on .

For standing and off stick especially with this style you have a much more upright head alignment so don't need the Butt hight .

Its a Magpull Stock so i can fit Clip on risers or i may make a Kydex one ive lots of FDE Kydex ;)

Does Neil do his own metal painting now, or did you get that done somewhere else?

I feel that my own 700 will have to do a return visit to him at some stage!

Not himself he has a guy in a Body repair spray shop just up the Road who does it

Thanks - the painting looks to be very neatly done.

And how are you finding the IOR scope? It ticks all the boxes for me: FFP, Mil/Mil, zero stop and they are a pretty good price at the moment too.

very nice but this one is SFP but under £1k http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/ior-6-24x50-illuminated-sh4-riflescope/

I like the reticule and how it relates to Zoom the Ilumination is good

nice clear image and works in low light (important as a stalking gun)

down side for its use is its very heavy just under 1kg but that is my fault for choosing it

it is also a 35mm Tube so needs relatively expensive mounts over a 30mm for my application and this gun im not going to be using any where near the full adjustment it offers a long range shooter

the Paint finish seems a little low quality i.e. it marks very easily by the rings so may get it Cerakoted in the future ( matching the FDE on the gun may help it look better matched :) as a unit ) Not a big problem as the operation and use is very nice

This would be the one for me: http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/ior-6-24x56-illuminated-shx-83-riflescope/

Quite a bit more money than your model, but still a relative bargain compared to other FFP scopes such as S&B, Vortex, Kahles, Nightforce etc.

I reckon that an IOR 2.5-10x42 would look 'just right' on yours!

This would be the one for me: http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/ior-6-24x56-illuminated-shx-83-riflescope/

Quite a bit more money than your model, but still a relative bargain compared to other FFP scopes such as S&B, Vortex, Kahles, Nightforce etc.

I reckon that an IOR 2.5-10x42 would look 'just right' on yours!

after looking a the range this one would be good for me as a FFP http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/ior-3-25x50-illuminated-ffp-mil-dual-zero-side-focus-riflescope/

the 2.5-10 would be ok but I like a higher top end magnification Im used to 10-50 x on airguns :)

Archived