Virginia Shootings

Guest Stacka

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's a matter of having a system or not. Although it helps

I think it's more about people that can't handle failure eg when they lose their job or fail to win at any thing they try, they take it out on innocent bystanders

When I was a kid at school if I lost at football cricket or cross country running then I made sure I did damn well better, as I do now

but today there can be no loser's therefore some people can't cope with failure.

Just my take on it.

Eric

Virginia killings: Family of gunman say they are 'shocked'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34070633

Why on earth can't America adopt the same process we have here.

I'm glad we have a system.

'Merica. That's why. You can't have freedom without some drawbacks (i.e. an occasional looney going off the deep end).

If you're happy with your system, then good for you. I, personally, prefer buying what ever I want, when ever I want, and not having to ask permission for every rifle, pistol, shotgun, bullet, primer and powder. But that's just me. <shrug> Horses for courses...

What kind of system ?? If you mean vetting the individual, within certain parameters I'm reasonably ok with that.

But if you mean our general complete cockup and micro managed excuse for firearms laws they are a joke. We put up with draconian restrictions created by laws that were based on emotion and not hard facts and reason and that is just my opening critique.

If a bad guy is intent on killing somebody he will kill them with whatever is available . You might say that guns in the US are more available than here which is probably the case but who knows what is out there in this country on the black market?

Guest Stacka

'Merica. That's why. You can't have freedom without some drawbacks (i.e. an occasional looney going off the deep end).

If you're happy with your system, then good for you. I, personally, prefer buying what ever I want, when ever I want, and not having to ask permission for every rifle, pistol, shotgun, bullet, primer and powder. But that's just me. <shrug> Horses for courses...

Is that freedom? I personally think freedom isn't for everyone. This gent here for example....are we justifying his actions down to freedom? Or the next nut job who walks into a school and kills innocent young, fragile bodied children. All a mere bi product of "freedom"

In the UK the the gun laws are acceptable. People who want rifles for sport, pest control or on the range are allowed thusly.

Guest Stacka

You might say that guns in the US are more available than here which is probably the case but who knows what is out there in this country on the black market?

A lot less through good gun control.

Is that freedom? I personally think freedom isn't for everyone.

And that thought is exactly how you and your countryman lost theirs; allowing someone else to decide what freedoms you're allowed.

Smh...one of the most used phrases for trampling or eroding a person's freedoms is "but what about the children?". Stop the emotional bs.

Bad crap happens to good people everyday. Get over it.

Guest Stacka

And that thought is exactly how you and your countryman lost theirs; allowing someone else to decide what freedoms you're allowed.

Smh...one of the most used phrases for trampling or eroding a person's freedoms is "but what about the children?". Stop the emotional bs.

Bad crap happens to good people everyday. Get over it.

I know creech, iv been there got the wounds....live with the nightmares.

Doesn't make it right.

I have no problem with the firearms laws that this country used to have.

I'd be happy with the current system of licensing, if we were allowed CF pistols & Semi autos.

Those two were removed in knee jerk legislation based purely on emotion and politicians wanting to be seen as doing something.

Isn't California one of the most restrictive States concerning gun laws? Don't you need a permit to purchase firearms in Ca and have all firearms registered?

This country probably has more illegal firearms on the streets now than it did before both bans.

The only people who haven,t got them , are the law abiding.

This country probably has more illegal firearms on the streets now than it did before both bans.

The only people who haven,t got them , are the law abiding.

That's simply not true. The only people in UK who have legally held firearms are the Law-Abiding.

'Gun Ownership' as a measurement of 'freedom' is utter bolloqs.

The two murdered individuals should have had a 'freedom' to LIFE that, to any sane individual, clearly outweighs the murdering scrote's 'freedom' to wander into walmart or his local pawn shop to buy a pistol.

I am personally very happy that the UK's version of trailer trash and other societal dregs can't simply walk into a supermarket and buy lethal weapons in the name of a supposed 'freedom'.

And - there's absolutely NO POINT in debating this with any US 2nd Amendment advocate.

This is a cultural schism.

Love this: 9'13": "YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE 2ND AMENDMENT!!" "Yes you can. It's called an amendment."

Where did I say anyone should have the freedom to buy them ?

There was nothing wrong with the law abiding license holder having semi auto,s and pistols in the UK.

A gun has never killed anyone on its own.

That lunatic in the states could just as easily have stuck a 12" carving knife into those unfortunate souls.

That lunatic in the states could just as easily have stuck a 12" carving knife into those unfortunate souls.

But he didn't.

Our licensing system is just fine: It's nice to know that, when some UK trailer trash road rages you, or a Royal Mail postie decides to 'go postal' (phek me, they even have to have a phrase for the concept!), on the balance of probability, they won't be killing innocents with pistols bought in a supermarket or pawn shop in the name of 'freedom'.

Guest Stacka

Target shooting.

I don't see the obsession with semi autos for target shooting but we all have our things.

The .22LR semi auto thing isn't enough.

As for pistol shooting, under certain rules it's my understanding you can still shoot pistol in clubs.

Failing that. Join the TA (or reservists before I get slammed) you can shoot as much paper as you want until your bored to the bone

Thats true.

It will most likely have come from eastern europe.

Most unlikely , as you say, here in the UK generally.

However, most inner cities have their areas where I would imagine there is a far higher percentage of people carrying firearms.

I don't think it's a matter of having a system or not. Although it helps

I think it's more about people that can't handle failure eg when they lose their job or fail to win at any thing they try, they take it out on innocent bystanders

When I was a kid at school if I lost at football cricket or cross country running then I made sure I did damn well better, as I do now

but today there can be no loser's therefore some people can't cope with failure.

Just my take on it.

Eric

Your right , they could adopt our gun laws although i think it would be hard , but they could still just kill people just as easy with a vehicle or kitchen knife !

I don't see the obsession with semi autos for target shooting but we all have our things.

The .22LR semi auto thing isn't enough.

As for pistol shooting, under certain rules it's my understanding you can still shoot pistol in clubs.

Failing that. Join the TA (or reservists before I get slammed) you can shoot as much paper as you want until your bored to the bone

Semi auto,s were used for dynamic disciplines where people actually had to have some skill with the rifle to get anywhere.

It still is...its called CSR.

People then lost pistols and had to adapt all the old pistol matches to use lever guns and .22 semi,s.

Shooting paper has never bored me, and never will.

As for joining the TA... :lol:

Guest Stacka

Thats true.

It will most likely have come from eastern europe.

However, most inner cities have their areas where I would imagine there is a far higher percentage of people carrying firearms.

Actually the amount of firearms on UK streets is at a all time low. They simply don't have the means to get hold of.

Gone are the days of the dodgy armourer or gunsmith like yourself recondition firearms.

There is always a threat but it's just simply too hard to get black market rifles here.

A lot of counterterrorism intelligence is working well

Yes - because they're difficult to access.

Yardley, is that you?

:lol:

The emotion over pistols in UK never fails to stun me. If the legislation saves a single life (you, your parents, your children - not just 'someone else') then so be it - suck it up buttercup and move on.

Archived