Ballistic apps

Hi I have the strlock is it worth up grading to the pro version?

IMO it is mate, it unlocks further function that are very helpful, like trueing functions, spin drift etc etc, plus if you wish to use it with your Kestrel device you can use it via blue tooth. Here is a video I done to demonstrate that.

http://youtu.be/8IgO8zsd6U8

I have also been using Applied Ballsitc with the companion app, this is also very good.

Hope this help?

Steve.

IMO it is mate, it unlocks further function that are very helpful, like trueing functions, spin drift etc etc, plus if you wish to use it with your Kestrel device you can use it via blue tooth. Here is a video I done to demonstrate that.http://youtu.be/8IgO8zsd6U8

I have also been using Applied Ballsitc with the companion app, this is also very good.

Hope this help?

Steve.

Good video, what's the best way to find tune your drop, strlock shows me 11.2 clicks at 300 yards and 19.6 clicks at 400yds but when field tested 10 clicks and 18 clicks is what's needed ,is it better to increase the BC or the speed of the bullet to try and get it right.

Why?

I believe due to, cost, ease of use, functionality, support and back up, accurate and just pleasant to use.

Why?

I believe due to, cost, ease of use, functionality, support and back up, accurate and just pleasant to use.

Good video, what's the best way to find tune your drop, strlock shows me 11.2 clicks at 300 yards and 19.6 clicks at 400yds but when field tested 10 clicks and 18 clicks is what's needed ,is it better to increase the BC or the speed of the bullet to try and get it right.

Thank mate, glad you enjoyed it and found it useful and helpful, that was the purpose of it.

What bullet and combo are you using to,start with, bullet ,caliber etc etc?

If you chrono your load, bullet BC is the most misunderstood and usually by the manufacture over estimated or very selective with the information the print on their ammo boxes.

Share what you are shooting and I'll be able to advise further.

Steve

I should have really said Gary, it was my opinion. Lol

I have tried most if not all and prefer the ones I listed above. TBH it is really personal preference, they all do the sMe thing, just some have better function and are easier to use, again a lot down to personal preference . :-)

Steve

Hi steve

Iam using 223 1 in 8 twist 24 inch barrel 77gr tipped match kings 2837 fps

Ok matey, what BC are you currently using for that bullet.

How far off is your data? How far out is the real world data in comparison to the programme predicted data?

I have iSnipe, Applied Ballistics and Strelok pro - after about eighteen months of use on the range, my preference is for iSnipe.

Using 0.420 BC real world data 1.2in high at 300y and 2.5in high at 400yds

Yeh, your using a G1 bullet BC which is not ideal tbh, better to use a G7 standard BC for long range.

Is you programme predicting higher or real life test shooting higher then programme?

You most likely have a false zero. A zero a smidgen off at 100 yards will be magnified at range greatly, thats why a 200 yard zero is better and more accurate.

Archived