British made Annealing Machine

gunnery

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am trying to post a video on here but having trouble I have down loaded the video on you tube and I have tried to post a link on here but message says not allowed so if you want to look on you tube it is under British annealing machine 001 thanks

Hi Gunnery,

Could you put me down for one of these, please. It's just what I need.

John.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received one of Gunnery ‘s UK annealing machines.

The finish is excellent, it was completely assembled apart from the torch holder arm which needs bolting on and slider attached. Everything was in the box to get going with apart from the gas cylinder, I have added a carry handle and rubber feet just for ease.

I placed the order just over 2 weeks ago Gunnery said 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, it arrived after about 10 days.

It was set up for 6mmbr with a small L bracket between the two rollers to hold the cartridges against the spring loaded flap. This is not needed for .308 as it causes the cartridge to flick off the bottom roller, the bracket is held on with two small allen bolts so is easy to move back or removed.

All in all I’m very pleased and ti made in the UK to boot.

Now all I have to do is to adjust the roller speed regulator to get the temperature correct.

If I can up load the video I ran 3 of each .303 / .308/6.5x47/.223

Unit received yesterday and I used it for the first time today.

It looks good and works absolutely perfectly ...only used it with 260 rem (308 case) and 223 Rem as yet but it feeds and processes perfectly from the large capacity hopper.

The build quality looks very good and hopefully the components will have decent longevity......I am confident that Gunnery will have done his research there!

What can I say except that I am well pleased!

Just over 5 seconds seems to anneal my brass properly (Tempilaq used at 750c at neck and 450c just down from shoulder) although your flame setting will obviously affect this a little.

The only thing that I would modify is to add a retaining lip (Maybe 3" high?) at the back to keep the gas hose and power cable stowed.

Well done Barry...cracking bit of kit!

Thanks Gunnery,

The machine arrived in only 10 days ! I spent yesterday annealing all my 3 &4 times fired 7X57 cases. I had a small problem of the long cases nearly falling off the big wheel, which you told me how to fix by moving the wheel out a bit. Problem solved. An excellent machine, Made in England for a change.

Marcher.

Glad my suggestion worked for you that is the good thing about the index wheels I made them so they are adjustable to cope with longer cases glad you are happy with machine anything I can help with drop me a line and thanks for comments

Archived