Batch Testing .22lr Lapua ammo at Bisley

TattooedGun

I don't know if any of you guys shoot Smallbore Target Rifle. For those that do, I recently (Sunday) Batch tested with Lapua at Lord Roberts Centre, Bisley.

If anyones interested, I documented it here: http://blog.stegough.com/batch-testing-lapua-22lr-ammunition-at-lord-roberts-centre-bisley/

Any questions, give us a shout.

TG

That testing sort of confirms what I found when I tried Centre X and Midas+.

The Centre X performs well and the Midas+ is quite poor by comparison.

I still find Eley Tenex, Match and even Edge outperform Lapua. Not by much but enough to keep me buying Eley, at least in my current rifle.

That testing sort of confirms what I found when I tried Centre X and Midas+.

The Centre X performs well and the Midas+ is quite poor by comparison.

I still find Eley Tenex, Match and even Edge outperform Lapua. Not by much but enough to keep me buying Eley, at least in my current rifle.

It's weird how Midas+ doesn't seem to perform in anyones that I've seen.

As I say at the end, I'd love to try Eley and see how different it is from Lapua. It won't be anytime soon, but I'll definitely be taking a look sometime.

I'd be a little happier if ELEY would let you batch Match at their test facility, however when I asked them they said it was Tenex and Edge only :(

Tenex was a little out of my budget to buy the quantity that I got hold of, and Edge is supposedly made for larger than match chambering.

• 3 weeks later...

Why dont you stop messing around and get some RWS R50 or R100, tested all the others rim gauged them weighed them put them across the chrony and they were the round wth the lowest variation. Tried eley they had the widest velocities of them all. These trials were done foe 22 benchrest rifles were consistency of velocity is more sought after than ordinary 22 prone.

Archived