Trying a new FTR Stock

Hally

Picked up a new stock for FTR. A Carbon Fibre stock I had concerns about the feel and harmonics of a Carbon Fibre stock. But it recoiled and felt almost the same as out Laminated ones. The saving in weight is handy. With a V Block it comes in with all Accessories at 1.2 KG out of the mould 885 gm. Running 208 Amax and shooting it for a week everyday at a competition the felt recoil was no worse than our Heavier Laminated Stock.

post-11774-0-66687200-1440153047_thumb.jpg

Hi Stuck

It's made in Australia by a company that make Props for Playnes and Hovercraft.My concerns about Harmonics were put to rest when talking to one of there Aronotical Engeneers as Harmonics is their bread and butter a big issue with propellers is harmonics I'm told.

As it sits with a 32 inch Barrel March scope Barnard Model P Action it comes in at 6.785kg. We use Dolphin Bipods so all up it come to 7.335 KG. Thinking about the extra weight we had up our sleeve just for fun we up sized a bipod that Davies make ( Davies Triggers ) by upsizing it with a footprint now of close to 800mm and weighing 1.4 KG bringing it to 8.185 Kg. It sits solid on the mound .

Archived