UK made chamber reamers

SWShooter

I`ve just spotted on another forum that this company have just started making chamber reamers. The company is Scorpion Tooling UK Limited , Gloucestershire , I`ve no connection and know nothing about them + I`m not an RFD but thought it may be of interest to some here.

Interesting

I received a questionnaire from Geoff Kolbe a couple of months ago on this very topic

It seems it's something he's also looking into

It would be nice to have UK made reamers and gauges, one less thing to rely on the Good ol' US of A for

Interesting

I received a questionnaire from Geoff Kolbe a couple of months ago on this very topic

It seems it's something he's also looking into

It would be nice to have UK made reamers and gauges, one less thing to rely on the Good ol' US of A for

I guess you know the Germans do them ? http://www.triebel-guntools.de/en/products/chamber-reamers/chamber-reamers-for-rifle-work/

I have but too expensive.

I've spoken to Scorpion this morning and have ordered a new .223 Wylde reamer in carbide, a set of bushes and some new go/nogo gauges

Got to be worth a punt :)

As always Bradders leads the way....all the way :lol:

I have but too expensive.

I've spoken to Scorpion this morning and have ordered a new .223 Wylde reamer in carbide, a set of bushes and some new go/nogo gauges

Got to be worth a punt :)

As always Bradders leads the way....all the way :lol:

How do they compare cost and delivery wise as opposed to using the likes of PTG?

So no probs with non-standard/wildcats?

Doesn't seem to be

They've been working in conjunction with Steve Bowers.....and he knows his beans

Pricing quite reasonable and delivery around 2 weeks

Doesn't seem to be

They've been working in conjunction with Steve Bowers.....and he knows his beans

Pricing quite reasonable and delivery around 2 weeks

Have you got a contact, this sounds very interesting, 2 weeks would be brilliant, instead of 3 months plus from PTG

Cheers

Mik

Have you got a contact, this sounds very interesting, 2 weeks would be brilliant, instead of 3 months plus from PTG

Cheers

Mik

All on Google Mik, but they have said 3 weeks at the mo, as they're having their annual 1 week shut down

I'll email you their bumph

• 4 weeks later...

I had a call from Chris at Scorpion yesterday, to discuss my order and spec, it was a pleasure to be able to discuss the spec and be given a 2 week delivery date :D

I will post when I have received and tried the reamer and tooling I have ordered

What I am also impressed is that they are grinding the pilot area of the reamer to suit my PTG pilots, thats a great plus as far as I am concerened :D

I have a good feeling about this, something else we are becoming self sufficient in UK

MIk

I remember a conversation I had with them 6 months back Mik. I told him , whatever they did, the reamers must accept PTG bushes. It was a waste of time otherwise.

I had a conversation with JGS a while ago, who were also on the ball with e-mails etc, but the stumbling block was their pilots....they were different to PTG,s.

No one wants to have to buy a complete set in every bore size again do we ?

I look forward to peoples experiences with them.

Pilots could have been the sticking point, I sent Chris some PTG pilots to measure

God forbid buying 9 sets of pilots, fluted and plain!!!! 20 pilots a set, approx £20 a pilot!!!

Lets see what arrives in the Post from Scorpion

Mik

Let us know how you get on with it Mik.

I assume they will be working from SAAMI drawings ?

My only worry was getting to proof and finding out the chambers cut, would,t pass.

This is good news

I've been involved in a three month to a fro with PTG over a regrind order, some new reamers and some parts,

Absolute nightmare to deal with at the moment,,,,,

Apparently one now needs export licence for reamers.........or so they tell me

:(

Archived