drone pro

Rammer223

Here you go Rammer............... 3 pages on it...... :)

http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11075&p=97491&hilit=remington+drone+pro#p97491

I couldn't comment as i've only got experience of fitting mine to my Blasers or my Tikka 595 .17Rem..... and at a pinch my Sako A1.20Prac although that would mean taking a bit of the back of the DP's mount to allow the bolt to lift as the bolt handle bears directly on the back of the action. (The .20P is now wearing a Photon Xtreme very nicely so no need for the DP on that)

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

Jon

Do you rate the drone then Jon not used mine only in the garden it seems pretty good used it like hand held see brick chimney pots in detail 130 yard

I rate the Drone very highly..... in combination with a thermal spotter it's a very effective set-up.

On the illumination side.... I was testing a couple of torches with the new AS leds in last night...... 3 in nm800's - one original led IC variable and two with the new AS/1400mAh 3 mode driver leds fitted, one with an 850nm IR pass filter on the front and the other without...... and a SunnRanger T20 - 30 mode but a lower mAh as the heat dispersion on a T20 isn't up to a 1400mAh driver.

At a lasered 400m: I had a clear picture in the DP 5/10x original, the Xtreme and my mate's bog standard 6.5XT - we could make out a hare and a muntjac in front of the tree we were looking at and I was getting eye-reflection of an owl in the tree..... confirmed when it swooped down on something in the grass.

In order of merit.....

The NM IC original Oslon Black led

The filtered NM AS - although that is very good out to 200/250m and cuts a lot of glow from the AS's much brighter cherry red glow - about as powerful at 400m as the AS NM800 on it's lowest of the 3mode power.

The NM AS without the filter....... very good

But the hands down, head and shoulders winner was the AS'd Sunnranger.. brighter than the NM AS without the filter at it's full 1400mAh power! I could sharp focus the grid lines of the led's die which the NM's had no chance of at that distance. jam doughnut it's good.

At shorter, realistic shooting distances yet to be tested properly with the new torches, the downside is the possibility/probability of 'too' much causing white-out... but the best 'scope for 'handling' that is the Drone.... and it has a wider field of view than the Xtreme.

If you want to know more about the SunnRanger and the Xtreme you'll have to join the nv forum and search for it. :lol:

atb

Fizz

:ph34r:

Jon

Do you rate the drone then Jon not used mine only in the garden it seems pretty good used it like hand held see brick chimney pots in detail 130 yard

Yea there a good bit of kit I've shot a fair few over 300 which is a fair range on a night,that is with ir filter on lightforce 170 be 200 ish with a night master going to try some lazers when I've time. I think the drone at dawn and dusk when I'm sat out is a big plus as well it's unbelievable what you see with that last bit of light compared to top end scopes . you have to compromise a few things to fit them but it's worth it. Mine was on an AR before and it was perfect, straight pull and rail came further back but those rifles are designed for sights like drone

You'll get round mounting issues and you won't look back

Jon

already on nightvision forum (rammer) the little illuminator it came with is very neat job well thought out, love the controls if I need more range will look at others think the drone lends its self to sitting waiting as said by others, which I find my self doing more of these days never had the patience when I was younger but really do enjoy watching the world go by and nice to get the odd fox too

thanks for everybodys input very informative keep it coming ,hopefully be up and running soon

regards lee

was right on the dogleg gunsmith not keen

My bolt handle fouled on the back of the drone mount when I had a custom extended bolt handle fitted. I swapped back to the standard handle and it works fine. Could the handle be slimmed down rather than dog legged?

My spotter is bolted to lightforce 170 and on remote handle on top of pick up i use the ir for spotter to shoot with, it makes rifle alot handier in cab without a torch on. See there's a drone 15x coming out back end of year

Jon

My bolt handle fouled on the back of the drone mount when I had a custom extended bolt handle fitted. I swapped back to the standard handle and it works fine. Could the handle be slimmed down rather than dog legged?

mine is a standard remmington handle and still fouled we thought about 6 mm lift (thicker rail) before it would be clear , we looked at taking a v cut out of the bolt to run down the underside of the drone rail but gun smith thought it would be to much and weaken the bolt handle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

was right on the dogleg gunsmith not keen

I am thinking dedicated is going to be the only way if cant compromise on the day scope don't have funds for drone plus new rifle at this time, if there front mounted offering performs as well as the drone might be an option when I comes out, I am gutted as I liked the look and feel of the drone but not enough to dump the nightforce which I love for daylight vermin and plinking

lee

I swap my Drone Pro and NightForce all the time. Have NO zero shift. So you don't need two rifles

I have the mk1 and mk2 DP I've had them fitted to the following .22 Fin fire 223 Nesca Action & 22-250 Nesca Action Dolphin guns rifles and now the mk2 is on my RPA 243 I've had no mounting problems. All but the .22 I use foam pipe lagging to make cheek weld possible. I use the NM800 and find it a big Improvement over the T120 and the later IR that they came with. The mk2 is better than the mk1 for Focus and the new reticle is finer ( the suppliers did say there's a soft wear up grade available to the mk1 for the same reticle) My only gripe is both have short battery life and I had a loose front lense on the mk1 doubler wich caused zero shift. I'm happy to shoot foxs out to 250yards with the mk2 and could go to 300y on a clear night.i find re zeroing realy easy when swapping rifles ( foxing partner didn't wait for a DP and has a 870 its a night mare to zero ) I've taken the DP off fitted a Sightron or S&B on Third Eye Tac one piece monts with hardly any shift in zero on either. I would like to try a better IR as its the biggest change you can make.

Archived