drone pro

Rammer223

hi all

anybody fitted drone to a remmington (223) and experienced any problems bolt lift eye relief etc.

going for qr mounts so I can interchange between drone and day scope

thanks lee

Fitted one on a Remington but found that an extended Picatinney rail solved all the problems you're experiencing

Was that on the original drone or the latest model I understand on the latest version that the mount is different has an extra hole ?

Did your rail come past the end of the bolt shroud

Lee

Was that on the original drone or the latest model I understand on the latest version that the mount is different has an extra hole ?

Did your rail come past the end of the bolt shroud

Lee

It was the Mk 1 Lee

I'm pretty sure that the rail came well past the bolt shroud.I've got the rail on my desk as the owner swapped the Drone and Remi for an Archer on a Tikka 204 recently so it was surplus to requirements but I won't be able to check until early next week.I might have a photo of it somewhere that I can upload if I can find it if that helps

Hi i had the eye relief and bolt lift problems with Std rails. This one is tier one and they had em on stock IMAG0097_zpsobajylfa.jpg

My bolt is standard remmington don't think I could live with it been that far back especially as I was planning to swop between my nightforce and drone hopefully new model is a bit more forgiving with the changes to the mount , or will have to have a serious rethink second rifle mybe ,seems strange position of the bracket requires all these modification ,was hoping pic rail and play reckangle mounts on nightforce best of both worlds

Lee

Hi i had the eye relief and bolt lift problems with Std rails. This one is tier one and they had em on stock

IMAG0097_zpsobajylfa.jpg

That looks almost unshootable , not only may you get scope eye you could also get rail cheek!

That looks almost unshootable , not only may you get scope eye you could also get rail cheek!

The trouble is you have to push your eye against the rubber to open up the diaphragm so you can see the image. I didn't get on with it that well. Once the eyepiece is removed it is like using a normal scope. The downside being that light gets shone back at your face a bit

Well went to see John Carr last night to put the drone on my remmington had some very nice pic stainless rails we figured rear facing would suit best to get the eye relief required all fitted looked great , better check bolt arhhh bolt fouled needed about another 6 mm so what to do ,few lads in the shop various ideas riser blocks on top pic rail ,but loose the relexabilaty of been quick release as I have always been keen to be able to swop back to the nightforce at a flick of a switch so to speak. Other idea higher rail fine that would get me the clearance but ruin my day scope position ,so up to now it will be winging its way back , somebody did suggestion a new dedicated rifle to which I replied I could afford one ,only if I send the drone back there front add on is supposed to be out shortly mybe that's the answer ,or just stick to the lamp and blow the money on a holiday arhh

Lee

Well went to see John Carr last night to put the drone on my remmington had some very nice pic stainless rails we figured rear facing would suit best to get the eye relief required all fitted looked great , better check bolt arhhh bolt fouled needed about another 6 mm so what to do ,few lads in the shop various ideas riser blocks on top pic rail ,but loose the relexabilaty of been quick release as I have always been keen to be able to swop back to the nightforce at a flick of a switch so to speak. Other idea higher rail fine that would get me the clearance but ruin my day scope position ,so up to now it will be winging its way back , somebody did suggestion a new dedicated rifle to which I replied I could afford one ,only if I send the drone back there front add on is supposed to be out shortly mybe that's the answer ,or just stick to the lamp and blow the money on a holiday arhh

Lee

What about a modified bolt handle? Worked for my tikka 595

I saw one of the extended rails that Carl moore sells other day they sit on top of existing rail maybe it would an option to leave it on drone if you want to swap between day and night scopes but would it hold zero ???? People mock my set up with that rail but it is perfect for eye relief and bolt lift it is dedicated night vision set up. If you wanted the rail shorter it could be shortened or maybe tier one could do you one, valkyrie would be worth a try as well

Jon

What about a modified bolt handle? Worked for my tikka 595

was right on the dogleg gunsmith not keen

I saw one of the extended rails that Carl moore sells other day they sit on top of existing rail maybe it would an option to leave it on drone if you want to swap between day and night scopes but would it hold zero ???? People mock my set up with that rail but it is perfect for eye relief and bolt lift it is dedicated night vision set up. If you wanted the rail shorter it could be shortened or maybe tier one could do you one, valkyrie would be worth a try as well

Jon

I am thinking dedicated is going to be the only way if cant compromise on the day scope don't have funds for drone plus new rifle at this time, if there front mounted offering performs as well as the drone might be an option when I comes out, I am gutted as I liked the look and feel of the drone but not enough to dump the nightforce which I love for daylight vermin and plinking

lee

anybody bought any picatinny riser block looking for about 10 mm hight loads alloy ones on the bay etc. seems counter productive fitting these to nice stainless pic rail when repeatability if the name of the game, now thinking two riser blocks permanently fixed move leupold QR mediums mounts around these as it were providing there is space ???

Thanks for the offer Jon

Still throwing ideas about phoned gun smith again today to see if he could make a rear facing pic rail extra 10 mm deep for the bolt clearance issue ,and put leupold QR lows instead of medium on to pull day scope back down shouldn't be a problem as the rail won't go under the objective end but could foul on the ocular end on the knurled power adjustment ring of the nightforce ,put the idea in his head he's having a measure up today got to phone him Friday

Regards Lee

Archived