200yd mcqueens

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

6-3-1 for me (no V's)

Mag rested .223, 8x on the scope

But I also entered the 800,900, 1000 and shot that in post 55 Service, mag rested and 4.5x on the scope.

Dropped only 4 at 800 for a 71.7 and finished with a score 76 its higher than last years record, so I think I've won :mellow:

I managed a 50.3 which I was quite happy with as I haven't shot The McQueens for a few years. I believe that UKV member Duff eye Doyle won it with a very credible 50.8, well done Stuart.

That is good (obviously not as good as Brown Dog's 50.10!) I saw 50.6 being scored on Saturday and thought that was good.

8v's and 2x5's is superb.not much wrong with your duff eye doyle.out of intrest did you use a rear support/bag.what rifle.calibre.bullet etc

Well done.atb swaro

Shot with an AI AX in .308 using the 155grain GGG Ammunition. I use an old sock filled with polystyrene balls as a rear support and a Phoenix bipod up front.

Shot with an AI AX in .308 using the 155grain GGG Ammunition. I use an old sock filled with polystyrene balls as a rear support and a Phoenix bipod up front.

I assume the part in red is permitted?

I assume the part in red is permitted?

I believe so. when queried in the past with the RO's there were no objections to utilising a rear bag.

During the imperial mcqueens I tend to use one of the issued sand bags on the point as a rear support bag, but these are rarely available during the gallery rifle weekend shoots.

I believe so. when queried in the past with the RO's there were no objections to utilising a rear bag.

During the imperial mcqueens I tend to use one of the issued sand bags on the point as a rear support bag, but these are rarely available during the gallery rifle weekend shoots.

It's a good job for you all that I'm not running the point then! :lol:

• 1 month later...

So far this week a score of 50 has alluded me, I managed 7v's, 2x5 and one 4 this morning. As I released the second to last round I just has a feeling it was a tad high............ :unsure:

Others on this forum are doing far better than me at this meeting; I just might brave the traffic on the M3 tomorrow morning and have another bash!

Reports from the TR side of the Imperial are suggesting scores are higher than previous and this is being put down to the GGG ammunition.

Good effort, I was quite poor today so consoled myself by shooting the running deer at BSRC and was a bit ' could do better' on that as well. It was very hot so that's my excuse!,,,

Well done to all on here I had to miss the Pheonix and still missing this one du to two slipped discs.

Good luck to one and all hope to be there next year.

300 yds,

That's only one v less than all the Ladyboys with bipods (spit) and multiple sandbags errr I mean all those fine gentlemen from all the other disciplines shot with their precision sniper rifles etc in wonder calibres ;)

Archived