I'm not a WIS, but....Omega, Rolex, TAG etc

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This I clearly getting too hi tech for me.....

From the recommendation above I have been playing with the Watch Accuracy app and if i'm reading correctly it just gave me 0.1 seconds per day accuracy on my Sea Dweller. I very much doubt that is true or repeatable but I'll quit while I'm ahead!!!

Tony

OR, behind ............. by .1 sec ! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Stupid, but made me laugh:

batman_zpsmrlm2i4g.jpg

always fancied a breitling but had to make do with an alternative from a dodgy geezer

Is it me; or are these the most bizarrely butt fugly way of spending £10-20K possible?

allinone2_382_zpsiat4u6zt.jpg

I agree hideous.

For me if money was no object http://www.patek.com/en/mens-watches/complications/5130J-001,

But would like one of these http://www.rolex.com/watches/milgauss/m116400gv-0001.html

I regret not buying one of these when I had the chance about in about 2008: http://campaign.vacheron-constantin.com/en/patrimony-ultra-thin-calibre-1731, said I would think about it over the weekend and when I called on Monday to say I would have it: it had been sold.

A 'plain' Royal Oak though, is pretty amazing.

I just don't see it. Aesthetically, to me, it looks like an 80s Seiko that's been made by an apprentice (all angles and clunky and just hideously inelegant where the bracelet joins the watch). I wouldn't wear it if I was given it! :lol::)https://www.watchmaster.com/en/audemars-piguet/royal-oak/15400st-oo-1220st-01/x5se3fjxvh?reference_code=SRJ7QVL7MT&MID=GB_SEP_1-2-0_2-13-0_3-170-0_4-127-0_0-0-0_0-0-0_0-0-0&lc=GB&gclid=CjwKEAjw7aiwBRCPgdu70arX70wSJADK6iDD7SH0sMRfP8szhtVWe_wWNglF6rlDbUyzaBQ8AC7NXBoCYS_w_wcB

Have citizen aqua land from 1996 as a present from then new wife ( now ex wife) the luminous backing version

Worn everyday till not long ago , screen bit scratched but useable

Then for 21st from my granny an accurist dress watch , not expensive but nice.

Then wife with now another dress accurist

Had a g shock but mode button stopped working so it languishes in my drawer somewhere till battery dies

I wanted a metal,strapped watch but analogue hands and with a back light for,works could see in the dark.

Now have a Casio,edifice in anodised black metal quite plain but can illuminate

But seen a Rolex mil gauss black anodised but with green detailing, sounds ugly but really liked it ....some day maybe

Paul

post-3154-0-85401500-1443739331_thumb.jpeg

Since my Suunto Vector started letting in water from 10 years of hard use, I've taken an interest. For general outdoors I bought a new Suunto Core. I also have an Elliot Brown Mountain Rescue special edition and a Tracer T3 black.

• 2 weeks later...

Made me laugh (quite like the new acronym too!):

Rolex: Wearing a Rolex is like driving a BMW 3 Series. It says you've got some money, but nothing interesting to say.

Panerai: It’s an action hero watch for the guys who brag about cheating on their wives.

IWC: This is the watch for the guy who gets cheated on by his wife.

Richard Mille & Franc Muller: These watches are best left to the RAVs (Russians, Arabs, and Villains)

15 year old seamaster chronometer, bought in geneva airport whilst intoxicated. Got an automatic for the price of a battery one in the drunken confusion!

Sounds like a surefire win in my book!!

Anyone seen the spec of the new Bentley Bentayga? One of the options is a $175,000 Breitling Tourbillon! Shame the car is so damn horrible looking that the watch cant save it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen another ex-MOD Rolex Submariner being valued at £40K on BBC. Makes me weep: In 1986, whilst an impecunious student on a piss-up in Weymouth; I remember gazing into the window of a surplus store that had a Naval bent. Unusually for the time, it had a row of G10s surplus, there were also (I can still visualise this clearly) two rolex submariners on G10 straps. The Rolexes were non-date ex-mil surplus. I knew nothing more at the time other than the fact that I fancied one. They were £250 each...................£250!!..at the time, I didn't have the money.

I too saw that episode of Antiques Roadshow, can't argue with £40k! Any idea what the COMEX models are going for these days? There are rumours in the diving world that there was a COMEX Deepsea released but I have yet to see any photos...

Same here. Use a GShock rangeman 9400. Ace piece of kit gives me atmospherics and altitude for my shooting too. Always a bonus...originally G Shock were first on sale in 1983, and apparently in April 1983.... Oh that right I was born on the 9th April 1983.... Hahaha weird.

Nice collection really I think you need a new G Shock in there also.

All the best

CZV

+1 on the rangeman, compass and alt is great for nav too if used with contour lines (if you remember to set it). Keep looking at omega sea master but very pricy.

Archived