I'm not a WIS, but....Omega, Rolex, TAG etc

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having been a Rolex devotee for 50 years, I treated myself to a new datejust 2 years ago (cos failing eyesight prevented me seeing the silver batons on the silver dial I had). It has just been sent back to manufacturers as it started losing half an hour per day!!.

Whilst I was in Goldsmiths, I took a fancy to an Omega co-axial, purely on the grounds that I knew the inventor and patentee of the movement (George Daniels).

What do you 'Wis'' think of the Co-axial?.

Great watch - I have to keep fighting the urge to get a Seamaster; an absolute classic!

Yes i like them very much...i am a rolex fan also and like the yachtmaster 2 but big bucks..

Having been a Rolex devotee for 50 years, I treated myself to a new datejust 2 years ago (cos failing eyesight prevented me seeing the silver batons on the silver dial I had). It has just been sent back to manufacturers as it started losing half an hour per day!!.

Whilst I was in Goldsmiths, I took a fancy to an Omega co-axial, purely on the grounds that I knew the inventor and patentee of the movement (George Daniels).

What do you 'Wis'' think of the Co-axial?.

I got my one in goldsmiths and told them how much i wanted to pay..and i got it for my price haha

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered today, limited edition Breitling, a present from my darling wife to mark 40 years in uniform later in November this year.

Mariner3_zps30g7zxoe.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-10%20at%2018.06.

When I pack this gun malarkey in ,I'm in for a decent watch,nice John very nice

That looks really nice John, and no doubt by the same jewellers who did ours. I was lucky enough to get number 1. The quality is superb, and the service is first class, you won't be disappointed.

IMG_1584_zpscmcc7vdf.jpg

IMG_1586_zps4ybqrfpo.jpg

IMG_0104_1.jpg

I've had mine for 16yrs now, and I believe one of the first series of the customized military Breitlings.

4 batteries and 6 straps and it still only loses 1 sec per month. The crystal is still perfect, other than the fingerprints!

• 1 month later...

Chatting with a UKVer last night and had to take a pic when I spotted that they have succumbed to the 'not a WIS' precision rifle / precision watch fascination:

post-1450-0-75673500-1494486668_thumb.jpg

6 digit submariner on the left, 5 digit gmt2 on the right.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived