Diggle fly shoot

andybrock

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done the lad, John, and yes, he should have been in factory class with a Tubb.

I still can't see how a AI with aftermarket (non std calibre, limited production run barrel) can be put in 'Factory Class'

I found this:

If you have a standard 'out of the box' factory rifle you will almost certainly find that it complies with these rules and can be accommodated in the UKBRA's 100 yd Sporter Class and we also run a Factory Sporter Class at 600 and 1000 yards for absolutely standard rifles

http://www.freewebs.com/ukbra/rulesregulations.htm

Bradders - the whole point of Factory/standard class is to accommodate new shooters who don't have a rifle complying with IBS/NBRSA/WBSF benchrest rules and give them a class to compete in.

Sometimes however, the goal-post have to be moved - when we get low volume 'production' rifles that start 'cleaning up'. The Cooper was an example - their rifles are available in almost any calibre and the 6PPC version was in danger of spoiling the class - so we moved the goal-posts! The RPA Interceptor was another.

The AI has always been 'iffy' but, there are an awful lot of them - volume factory production - and, to date, we haven't had one in 6PPC or 6BR.

If we get competitors bitchin' about the rules then we'll consider changing them - at the AGM - that's how the UKBRA works.

At the moment however, the high-volume, low cost Savage 6BR and 6.5-284 is 'ruling the roost' at long and short range benchrest. Which is good, as it is a genuine 'out of the box' factory rifle.

Bradders - the whole point of Factory/standard class is to accommodate new shooters who don't have a rifle complying with IBS/NBRSA/WBSF benchrest rules and give them a class to compete in.

Sometimes however, the goal-post have to be moved - when we get low volume 'production' rifles that start 'cleaning up'. The Cooper was an example - their rifles are available in almost any calibre and the 6PPC version was in danger of spoiling the class - so we moved the goal-posts! The RPA Interceptor was another.

The AI has always been 'iffy' but, there are an awful lot of them - volume factory production - and, to date, we haven't had one in 6PPC or 6BR.

If we get competitors bitchin' about the rules then we'll consider changing them - at the AGM - that's how the UKBRA works.

At the moment however, the high-volume, low cost Savage 6BR and 6.5-284 is 'ruling the roost' at long and short range benchrest. Which is good, as it is a genuine 'out of the box' factory rifle.

Not wishing to stick a 'fly in the ointment' ^_^ but I was researching stuff about AI today and back when they were producing the AE they offered it in .308/7.62, .243, 6.5x47L, 6.5 Creedmoor and .260 Winchester. That's quite a range.

Not wishing to stick a 'fly in the ointment' ^_^ but I was researching stuff about AI today and back when they were producing the AE they offered it in .308/7.62, .243, 6.5x47L, 6.5 Creedmoor and .260 Winchester. That's quite a range.

And the same with Savage in their precision/target rifle series - 204 Ruger, 223, 6BR, 243, 6.5 Creedmoor, 260 Rem, 7-08, 308, 6.5-284 etc. Plus, the Savages are incredible value at well under two grand.

Certainly my perspective was that Ai offered their AE, AW and AX in 6.5x47 Lapua off the shelf IF you requested one.

I didn't enter mine in Factory Class (AI AX, simply because I rebarrelled itand the chamber isn't a standard spec)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived