Diggle fly shoot

andybrock

Does any one know if there is a specific time you need to be at Diggle for registration for this Sunday's fly shoot?

Gun Pimp.....Vince, your inbox must be full mate.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Barrett won with the 151 using his 284 F-Class rifle. He just pipped Ian Dixon who was shooting his self-built 6X47 Lapua BR 'Light Gun'. Vince will post full scores soon.

My son Benjamin's target. He's not shot the rifle before and is still pretty new to shooting, this was with a Tubb T2k in 6XC. With a little more practice on his technique he'll do better. The 6th shot was my fault, I could only find 4 cases after his first group so gave him another, doh :ph34r:

6464AF0E-0DFC-45CA-93F3-FD38F032A08B_zps

Great turn-out today for the Fly with about 70 entries. The day started overcast with spits of rain but it was flat calm and the good scores came from the early details. By afternoon, the sun was up and it was really warm but though the wind was light, it was enough to take you across the target!

As always it was good to meet some UKV'rs and yes - that was a good shoot John MH. I'll get the scores up as soon as possible - John - I think you were about 6th in Custom Class.

e483bdce-cf83-486c-bee5-7e164fdea493_zps

Not a brilliant group but centred on the target so I'm reasonably pleased especially when up against full F Class rigs with massive machine rests and bags with HME calibres.

Out of interest were you on the last detail to shoot?

Cheers

No second detail.

Impressive, I got hammered by the wind pick up in second detail, my vertical was good though!

Was using a 260 and my hunting load, which was 140 amax - after chamber heated up, bolt lift was crazy - don't get that in my usual shooting scenarios... So dissapointed!

think the 6.5x47 must have won the battle of the 6.5's Darrell got small small factory group with his 1.5" group and i just missed out on custom group with a 1.8 both shot with 6.5x47.small custom was 1.75 not sure what cal was used but a great group.another great fly shoot

Archived