Something not often encountered in the UK, a Kimber. These are absolutely lovely, lovely rifles. This is the 84M SVT (Short Varmint Target. Mauser action with a 18 inch, fluted, bull barrel. This is a thick barrel! Far heavier than a varmint profile. 1 in 9" twist and a match chamber. Adjustable trigger. The smoothest of actions. A heavy black and grey laminated stock. Really, really nice condition. Not mint, but bloody close!

If wanted, a Leupold Vari-X III, 6.5-20x40 Long Range scope. 30mm tube, side paralax. Boxed with a Leupold Alumina sun shade and Alumina lens cover. Varmint Hunter reticle.

Leupold Rings and bases.

New, this package would be over two and a half grand.

Rifle and scope and rings and bases £1350.

Rifle alone with bases as dedicated for the 84M £950.

Scope and rings not available separately.

I'll get some pics up of the gun later, but a quick link to the model with specs...

http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/products/kimber-rifle-84m-svt-short-varminttarget-223-rem-262.aspx

And from the Kimber site with a better pic

http://www.kimberamerica.com/svt-81

• 2 weeks later...

Any body half intrested in a .223 should snap this up they are far and above standard "factory" rifles i know someone who has one in 22-250 and it truely is a tack driver.and at that price its a steal.

good luck with the sale

Things like this always come around when you've just bought a rifle....

I'm happy with my Tikka, but would have added a couple of hundred to secure such a cracking bit of kit if the timing was right...

:)

Bought brand new by my mate, at my behest I might add, and he had it a year. Got some more permission and he "had to have" a .243. I'd always liked the rifle so he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Again, I've had it about a year. He put 120 rounds of factory Remington ammo through it and I've put around 300 reloads of my current recipe for a different rifle, using 52 and 69gn bullets. I also tried some 77gns but the first group showed it didn't like them.

The scope I've had from new some five years and this is the third rifle it's been on.

No, the barrel length is as it comes, 18.5". It has not been shortened. It has a protected target crown. This is the SVT, Short Varmint Target. A longer, similar version is made and it is the Longmaster VT.

Thank you,,,and confirmation that it has not been shortened but the barrel in the Kimber advertisement clearly shows a more extended section of unfluted section at the muzzle end even on the SVT. Your rifle looks very different,,,,nice rifle wish I was closer to have a look,,,,doh!,,,,regds ,,,,O

cant fathom why your rifle hasn't been snapped up kimber are awesome rifle,s if I didn't have my cooper 223 rem it would be in my cabinet now hope it goes to a deserving home dave.

A lovely little .223 rifle with a 1 in 9" twist, heavy bull barrel, fluted with a match chamber, that's done less than 500 rounds, with an adjustable trigger, on a mini Mauser action set in a heavy, warp free, super strong, gorgeous laminate stock, with Leupold bases and a Leupold VarixIII if you want. All in fantastic condition and not your run of the mill Remington/Tikka/Sako/CZ/Howa that seem to populate dealers shelves!

And at around 60% of retail....

What on Earth is not to like?!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

What I can do is, knock 50 quid off the price so it pays for your RFD transfer, or I prepared to drive 200 miles from Ashford in Kent, to deliver it to you.

If no takers by the weekend, I'll withdraw it and put it on the selling sites. Many thanks for the quieries so far and the kind comments.

whats up with you guys its the best 223 rem going I,d give my right nadger for it jeez awesome rifle great price sigma if your interested in my right nadger ill have it lol dave. ps good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems after a lot of interest and a couple of serious enquiries, this little rifle is on hold pending variation and payment..

Thanks chaps.

GOOD- someones in for a good rifle .

• 11 months later...

Archived