Remarkable and yet distorted view on foxes.

Guest Stacka

Boydy, your general point is well made-both conservation and control need good management-and this is complicated often by human agency-both in creating the need and also then the means. Humans have more scope to 'bend' the normal ecosystemic rules/self regulatory mechanisms.

Isn't the more cohernt discussion about the means to be used in particular cases. Without commenting on the (largely still unknown) merits of either,the heated issue of badger culling v vaccination is a clear recent example.

Missed, again without wishing to haggle about numbers,and accepting offshore as even more challenging,might there have been a case for education of the incoming family,rather that accelerating their departure? It reads rather more like well intentioned naivity,than absolute and unyielding unshakeable belief -I think that is clear as they asked you to shoot the offending predators).

Repopulation might well benefit some offshore communities,but I don't live there,so I don't know how neighbourliness or community is interpreted locally.Shouldn't think it's too crowded,though,and you are unlikely to get another 90 odd more of the same incoming.

gbal

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i cannot speak for anyone else, but i certainly do not get pleasure from Killing anything, My pleasure is obtained from pitting my wits against my quarry, being out in the countryside, using my skills to do the job in the most humane way possible, For me it is my work, the actual act of killing saddens me somewhat. Also i do only kill/control when asked to do so against a species that is posing a problem in some way. I do think going out and shooting several foxes in an evening just to keep numbers down, just in case they become troublesome, is rather a questionable thing.

I am sorry but in my opinion someone who actually takes pleasure from the act of killing anything, should take a step back, and ask him/herself some searching questions. As i said just my humble opinion and view on things.

Adrian

+1 I couldn't have put it better myself.

• 1 month later...

Archived