Anschutz RX22 in Urban Camo

How cute . I like the paint job , thanks for sharing .

Well it is petite , it reminds me of a electric water pistol smg i had years ago ! Tho that was lime green and had the whopping range of about 8 metres lol

Nice! I like the fact that you have went the route of not the traditional style of camo - "fade over fade" rather than digital, or hard patterns......

The M1 carbine is cute and petite.

This is different.

If your urban CQC is limited to rats and cockroaches,but you wannabee,look at at the Erma M1 in 22 rf.

Mark,not directed at the artwork,might work in the snow-as David suggests,with luck the rifle might get lost.

Sometimes I wonder if (shock,horror) I could be in any way moderately anti gun in any way-this comes close-'real men' running around proud to have something like this....and not the real thing,in the army? Perhaps my reading of psychiatry is biasing me.

Anschutz cannot be in that much trouble,can they? No,it's not a nonsense bull pup (aka walther mitty),but might be similarly inaccurate (so function can't redeem it.)

Ok,I'll get my coat,and pop down to the post office for my pension. But seriously,if you saw this being carried about,would you really think it's appropriate for anyone not serving in a scandinavian army?

Shoot ourselves in the PR foot,and Bob's your anti.

gbal(retired)

gbal

The rifle will be used purely for Tactical range comps, not walking through fields its not designed for that.

The colour scheme is not meant to be relevant to any particular environment, just different from common black.

I believe rifle design is like "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" not everyone has the same desires or needs.

Your dislike for these types of rifles could be an age thing ;);)

I must have done something right though...had 2 more orders for the same pattern and colour.

Mark

Mark,I did specifically comment that the paint job was not really the issue-though I prefer my blue marbled stock.Beauty is indeed somewhat subjective-but there are some things that get more thumbs up than others-not that vulgar popularity is any reliable guide to quality.

But since you mention your pension progress,as I did,and put some weight on numbers,I think Erma have sold rather more of the traditional copy,though that does ot prove it was indeed 'cute and petite' in itself. You have a little ways to go to catch up with the real M1 carbine,which ran to over 6.5 million issued,and I've read, rather more than three were quite liked by their users-

I do have a (black) Aug,so there may yet be hope for some maturity,though that is yet another fine design-just as the M1 was.....I think that was the attraction. AR15 clones too,even as 22rf,a bit sad.

I don't care for caviar,but I woud not douse it in ketchup either. I dare say some might.Hopefully,not in public. :-)

I hope you sell more rifles,preferably not the Anschutz aberration though-the PR point was more serious.

atb

g

Each to his own but we in the UK are only just beginning to wake up to Cerakote. Some sort of coating is advisable on most bare metal surfaces and, if done tastefully can make your gun look really good.

In the States it's much more popular - check out the gallery at www.cerakoteguncoatings.com for some great ideas.

Cerakote is an ideal finish because it's so thin, it won't affect threads or moving parts and of course, it's very hard-wearing.

Yes, some finishes can make a gun look scary or aggressive but the opposite effect can also be achieved - pink anyone?

For a relatively small amount of money, you can add value to your rifle.

Swaro,I didn't like to say-it is subjective-and there is no accounting for taste,so I just said it is NOT 'cute' or 'petite'. It's not a blot on the snow free landscape,it's more a SCAR.

Vince,your point about durability is good,though such merits are independent of color - or will that become 'colour' soon? :-)

Henry Ford had a pragmatic view of all this,and cammo cars have not had much civvy appeal.Can't recall a pastel Mercedes either. Other than 'custom' eccentricities....my slightly more serious point is that fashion soon changes ( because,as Oscar Wild * pointed out,it is so ridiculous) but shooting has a PR issues-pink might help**.( after all, as the 22rf isn't really a 'military' cartridge,authenticity is hardly the issue.)

gbal

* note the spelling ,Dave,so Carry on Coating

** and chicks might like it

Archived