6.5 x 47 Valhalla/Sentinel

One from this week.

IMG_0815_zpshvmd7qzy.jpg

This is a Valhalla action. Its polished and has the usual inbuilt recoil lug, and barley twist bolt with cam locks.

The customer decided he wanted a plastic ball knob and it works very well indeed.

Rail is 20 moa.

Trigger is a Timney.

IMG_0813_zpsroewtyul.jpg

The barrel is a Border Archer 1 in 8.5 twist at 26" [ i think ] and helically fluted.

IMG_0816_zpspfaqfwrk.jpg

IMG_0817_zpsrswuzfdd.jpg

The mod is a Jet-Z and both are ceracoted in Armour black H series.

18mm x 1 muzzle thread.

The stock is a KWM Sentinel with their own DBM and fully bedded.

IMG_0812_zpsy4ql8b7y.jpg

Looking forward to testing this fella !

No , providing I know at the action order stage Gary.

The way the action works with cam locks actually lends itself to paint.

Another handsome tool, shame you havent a spare scope etc to show your builds off better,I dont like the shiney, if it was mine and just a range gun I could live with it, as a stalker I like to blend in with the background.

Never bothered my deer... :)

Never bothered my deer... :)

Ha ha...difficult to be sure some sharp eyed cautious ones did not slink off before you saw them,of course.

Both 'bling' and 'stalker confidence' are subjective mental conditions,but different ones.

The cheapest 'fast fix " therapy is some tape,Kandy Kolored, or cammo.

These would also allow a with/without test of deer sensitivity/susceptibility,though the 'cammo'/bare rifle is the more pragmatic choice.Deer may be partially colour blind-certainly,their bling preferences remain unknown,but are unlikely to be artracted to fluorescent,sparkly gaudiness-but who knows? :-)

Very nice Dave. I'm gutted a bit as I really like the look of those KMW sentinel stocks I had one on order for six/seven months to have Terry stop replying to my mail. Got one saying it be in in couple weeks then ten days to fit hard wear etc & can't get him now. What do you think of the stock can you get them in ?

The customer already owned this.

I owned one of the original ones but personally found it too heavy.

I dont import them.

Very nice Dave. I'm gutted a bit as I really like the look of those KMW sentinel stocks I had one on order for six/seven months to have Terry stop replying to my mail. Got one saying it be in in couple weeks then ten days to fit hard wear etc & can't get him now. What do you think of the stock can you get them in ?

This is the current problem with Mr Cross - getting hold of him reliably making importing impossible - if you cannot give a customer as good delivery time = unhappy customer = cannot form part of your business.

Re. weight, not much use to know but there is a carbon version of the Sentinel now made, the original with all attachments was comparable with a similar McM (but better stock design IMHO, but I'm biased :) )

Please excuse this comment off topic but weight saving in the barrel would make sense, AI's are not too shabby in the accuracy dept. with a medium Palma profile = reduced weight if this is a concern?

Terry

Luckily she shoots too now and is very handy with a shotgun!

Ahh Lucky you! My Mrs would just give me some shpeel about rent and food being more important, or some that which promotes growth and vigour like that

Luckily she shoots too now and is very handy with a shotgun!

Ahh Lucky you! My Mrs would just give me some shpeel about rent and food being more important, or some sh*t like that

Ahh Lucky you! My Mrs would just give me some shpeel about rent and food being more important, or some sh*t like that

Just turn round and say well actually love If I don't go out shooting then, I can't go out and get free food!!! Absolutely nothing for her to say too that although she may well have something to say! ;-)

I'm lucky in the sense that my mrs has been bought up with shooting, but isn't fussed about it herself, I do ask if she would like to come out every now and then but not bothered, she says I have been surrounded by it my whole life and it's never bothered me.malways remember one of my first dates she took me to the local .22 range and absolutely kicked my ass. Never went with her again after that!!!

CZV

Archived