sexy.......

gbal

• 2 weeks later...

I had a M1A1 years ago semi auto made by Winchester with a fibreglass stock wit a but plate that hinged up and sat on your shoulder an absolutely brilliant rifle. I shot it a lot and it cost a fortune to run, but it had to go after Hungerford what a shame.

Yeh it looks shite... not my cup of tea, this is what I prefer http://www.ctm.com.tr/uploads/images/M200-Heavy-Set-up-490.gif I might get one ;) , but since I can only shoot rabbits out to 200 yards, I dont see the point. :D

Those US military units that have to use the M14 as a designated marksman rifle have nothing but trouble with them. They are heavy, have difficulty in maintaining zero and are a pig to maintain and support. There are many better weapons available today.

It looks like a photo shop of a steyr and some other bits........... It's a 13 pint madona. Maybe more

Very not nice fugly me thinks

RSC.

Vince wins.

The OP was very much tongue in cheek.

But the Garrand is a classic,AND its semi auto-perhaps too much for 'real men' of course-it was heavy and overpowerful.

Just interested in reactions to the stock-which seems rather a good one-if pricey- compared to all the meccano botch togethers that get "oohs and aahhs' when stuck on a Remington.

Of course 'just another....' like virtually all those posted....competent clones,if you like that sort of thing.

A truly sexy rifle is the 1905 M/S carbine,in trendy super 6.5,slim ,classy and ultra fit for purpose( being carried on hills to shoot red deer,'all day long'.) :-)

gbal

Sentence on the Garand stands,setting the scene.Should have added "and the replacement M14,and its civilian match M1A as here was similar". Phaedra identified both rifle and stock in an early post.Photo was to see how photos loaded, and then was to see reaction to a plastic stock that was functional but did not need to be decorated by bells and whistle (the rifle has clout enough as is)...and is rather expensive-despite it's lack of skeletalised design,multiple holes for b&w and such transient 'design' features.AND Semi Auto

Maybe I should have put up the Bolt Action version,but really one Rem clone looks much like any other-and goodness knows we get plenty of them--it was the stock though that interested me-relatively simple,just seems to do what a stock needs to,yet nods towards fashion in tactical,and actually looks comfortable and ....'solid'. And if you don't like it,be grateful - you have saved $1500 dollars,which will buy most of a proper/conventional rifle.

Maybe the urban Camo version would have got more drools.But focus was the stock,as that seems to be what many want to upgrade.Almost every military rifle is best considered a collectors item,for occasional use by those interested. Fifty year plus old designs won't be cutting edge.. let alone competitive- isn't that a given? Government Issue is not a quality term ,per se.

Naa , reminds me of those $30 sks 7.62 x 39

Pimped-up military clunker - looks like a pig in a dress!

Come on now, Vince - let's not prevaricate! :unsure::unsure::)

("I used to be a terrible prevaricator .... but now I'm not so sure!" ..... old joke)

Actually on the M14, I agree 100% - I'd much prefer it in the original timber furniture, but would have a good M1 Garand in working semi-auto form before that anyway.

Gawd ... the gun's bigger than she is!

I watched a short YouTube clip last night that I found somewhere of a slip of a teenage girl (looked about 14) shooting a 9mm Sterling SMG in short bursts. She'd really got it under control, you could just see a little muzzle rise at the end of each burst.

Dangerous people, these American gals!

Gawd ... the gun's bigger than she is!

I watched a short YouTube clip last night that I found somewhere of a slip of a teenage girl (looked about 14) shooting a 9mm Sterling SMG in short bursts. She'd really got it under control, you could just see a little muzzle rise at the end of each burst.

Dangerous people, these American gals!

Most service rifles see 20, 30, 40 or 50 years of service, the M14 saw 3!

As fine a rifle as it it, it was the wrong rifle at the wrong time.

It's successor is still in service 50 years later and still evolving.

I don't think I need tell y'all what that is......

Archived