vortex viper ffp 6x24x50

banus02

hi all , I am after some good advice I have had three vortex viper ffp 6x24x50 scopes first mill,second moa and this one is mill.first two would not track correctly and now third one will not hold zero loses .2 mill after 20rounds approx. dial in .2mill fine for a few rounds then again need to dial in .2 mill again these scopes have only ever been fitted to a varmint 223rem not happy ,has any one else had problems with vortex viper pst ffp 6x24x50 scopes and what was the fix /different make or stay with vortex

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im onto my second Vortex Viper 6-24x50 SFP, the first one was replaced due to it losing zero.

I rang Riflecraft direct even though I purchased the scope from a different dealer, they said that was ok to do as it would be quicker and told me to send it back to a named guy who would deal with it, sorry I can't remember his name. They said they would check it themselves and if it was faulty then replace it. I sent it Monday and got a call from them on the Thursday to say they had replicated the fault and a new scope was in the post, it arrived the next day. To get things all sorted between Monday and Friday was great and I didn't lose any shooting as a result, this was a much better solution that having to send my obviously faulty Sightron back to the USA for them to tell me what I clearly knew, all told that took 5 weeks to replace!

Something that does worry me a little though is that the guy at Riflecraft said that Vortex were happy for them to just replace anything without sending the faulty scopes back to the USA one at a time, instead they should wait until they had a bigger shipment. Looking at the price of these Vortex scopes I can't help thinking that they are cheaply produced and that there will be an element of bad ones in there. A company needs to make a big profit to be so generous on its warranties and I think this example proves the business model i.e. make lots of profit and send the unhappy customers a new one with no quibble.

Now that business model works for many customers but at the minute my friend is about to send his first one back as he thinks it is losing zero and also its not tracking correctly. In hindsight I would rather pay more money for a scope that is not constantly being scrutinised by me to make sure its still performing. If I miss a couple of sensible shots Im away back to check zero far too often. I like the scope, it has great functions for the money but I dont have the confidence to buy another even though Im currently in the market for something similar.

good evening big al,thanks for that ,I will sent the scope back and if they wont refund my money £650. I will have to put it on a range only rifle and buy a better scope for varminting may try to sell it on one of the forums but don't want to pass poor quality onto a fellow shooter

good evening big al,thanks for that ,I will sent the scope back and if they wont refund my money £650. I will have to put it on a range only rifle and buy a better scope for varminting may try to sell it on one of the forums but don't want to pass poor quality onto a fellow shooter

I would not expect them to refund you, they have no legal obligation to do so. They will offer you a new replacement if yours is found to be defective, if you didn't want to keep that one you could always sell it.

Good luck either way :)

• 2 weeks later...

Its quite a shame these scopes are going duff , lozing zero is a big issue . I would try to get it refund or at least replaced , but with something thats more reliable if possible . Funny thing as i was twice just on the brink of buying one of the PST 2nd focal scopes . But thank god iv gone for hopefully a better scope slightly bigger price tag but really wanted a zeiss ! Banus any update on whats happened ? Cheers .

I quite like my 24 mag 2nd focal viper, I have one issue, when I am looking frew when sun is in a certain position, going down behind the hill in front I get alot of whiteness that makes it hard to see target, I dont get the problem with my mk4 leupy there, apart from that it so far has worked great, it gets used at 1000yds, good test for any scope.good luck getting it sorted.atb swaro

• 2 weeks later...

Its quite a shame these scopes are going duff , lozing zero is a big issue . I would try to get it refund or at least replaced , but with something thats more reliable if possible . Funny thing as i was twice just on the brink of buying one of the PST 2nd focal scopes . But thank god iv gone for hopefully a better scope slightly bigger price tag but really wanted a zeiss ! Banus any update on whats happened ? Cheers .

good evening ,sorry for the late reply ,a friend bought the scope and is getting it replaced ,I purchased a standard s&b 8x56 a lot less to go wrong and as long as I stay below 350yards I have no problems

Nice , they are a good solid scope . Great allround scope really ;)

That doesnt surprise me mike as ive spoken to some who bought and waited months and and gave up and got there money back, in all fairness it was probaly not riflecrafts fault but they shouldnt take peoples money and tell them the delivery due in any day or what ever they may of said, when I bought my viper 2nd fp I was after the ffp model, when it wasnt in stock and other was I got it, was here next day rmsd, mine functions perfectly, will be selling at some point and getting a mk4 leupy 25 mag way way better scope, different league.

Yes they are different league , nearly 3 times the price i believe . That was The scope i was set on buying but new was quite pricey so looked at a couple of 2nd hand ones but in end bought an 800 quid zeiss hd5 ! If you can afford the 25x mk4 LR . Its hard to beat . :)

Ive got a 6.5x20x50 mk4 on my 308 but I do want the 25 mag mk4 for 1000yd rifle,, its not epecially for the shooting more for finding the orange markers on the fig11 as I seem to have probs picking them out on a bright sunny day, the extra mag on my vortex helps, not sure if leupy make a higher mag mk4 than 25

I am led to believe riflecraft are no longer the importer of Vortex scopes?

That's right, dealers are now able to order direct from Vortex. Personally I think it's a great move by Vortex as it means I can order what customers are asking for straight away. I've got kit shipping to me next week that I've been asking Riflecraft about for the last month or more, so hopefully more happy customers :D .

Hi major

if riflecraft had problems with getting deliveries on time why do you think you wont then ?

I have to say that my experience of Riflecraft has been excellent as the Vortex distributor.

The difference I see is that dealers going forward will only have to worry about their own requirements, not what the whole dealer community might need. I would expect this will mean more frequent, smaller shipments shipped when required as opposed to waiting on someone else's purchasing cycle.

Almost all of the items I ordered from Vortex on Thursday last week will apparently be shipping to me this coming week. I'll let you all know how that pans out.

I had no problem with rifle craft they was very helpful i ordered the viper before 12 and i had it the nextday in the morning i cant complain about them , my vortex viper pst 6-24x50 sfp is great the moa rec is very impressive and it tracks perfect and it holds zero to i really like the scope its the best scope i ever had id buy another

watch this and make your choice,and this is the Razor HD

Interesting video, it's not such an easy test to do, I wonder how many other scopes would be better? Would you notice that effect when shooting? Not sure I would.

Are they not just observing a bit of backlash? I thought it was common practice to always approach your desired setting from the same direction, the direction in which the screw is moving the part rather than the spring.

It's clearly not ideal, but how do I know it's not just what all "not mega money" scopes do?

Archived