Tikka T3 10 Shot Aluminium extended OAL magazines

Black Rifle's doing it again with another foray into the world of aftermarket magazines. These Australian produced magazines available in .223 and .308 calibres are a direct replacement for the standard factory plastic Tikka T3 6 shot magazines. Available in limited quantities at the end of June, pre-order now to reserve yours.

Magazine Features:

• Specifically designed for the Tikka T3 223 Rem or 308 Win family of cartridges.
  • Made of light weight 6061-T6 aluminium , with a hard anodised, flat gunmetal grey-bronze finish.
  • 10 round capacity of the SAAMI spec cartridges.
  • Can be disassembled for easy cleaning and maintenance.
  • 1kg/25mm spring against a long follower for reliable feeding (while spring max extended).
  • Extended length to allow longer rounds with longer bullets, or bullets seated out further, to be loaded in the magazine (eg. 80 grain projectiles in a .223 case).
  • Good loading and feeding. Very reliable.
  • No more plastic magazine issues - premature wearing, rounds "sticking up", "stove piping" or mis-feeding

.308 Features:

• Overall Load Length (OAL) maximum to approx 74mm (2.9").
  • Mass approx 220 grams
  • Compatible with 308 Win (Winchester), 260 Rem (Remington), 7/08 (708), 6/08 (608), 6XC, 6x47 Lapua, 243 Win.

.223 Features:

• Increased (from factory 59mm)) Overall Load Length (OAL) maximum to approx 66mm (2.6").
  • Mass approx 170 grams.
  • Compatible with 223 Remington, 222 Remington Magnum, 6x47 (222RM case), 204 Ruger & 17 Remington.

DW-MAG-2T.jpg

Looking at the short length of the feed lips, I would say its probably about the worst magazine to feed 6mmBr. Its not designed for them.

Looks a nice mag.

Looking at the short length of the feed lips, I would say its probably about the worst magazine to feed 6mmBr. Its not designed for them.

Looks a nice mag.

Thanks for that Baldie,

I'll stick to my modified plastic ones but the 10 shot capacity would of been handy....

I assume these won't fit a T3 in an MDT TAC21 stock?

Afraid not, they're for factory stocks / bottom metals.

I turned those down when he contacted me months ago.

The guy was reluctant to specify what grade of material they were made from as he said I just wanted to copy them,......

I've been informed that the magazines are 6061-T6.

Do you know if you can single feed off the top of these without a bobsled?

Apparently the .308's work pretty well doing this, but the .223 will be pretty much the same experience as feeding off a factory magazine.

• 3 months later...

Archived