Every Day Carry

Mauser3006

Put "Your Honour" on the end of that and say it out loud (to see how that would sound in court :) )

No different than keeping a legal knife in a mobile phone pouch on your belt , that particular multitool does not seem to have been released onto the market yet , time will tell if it comes to the UK.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, being the equivalent to a swiss army knife or multitool in contents, I reckon you would stand a good chance.

And looking like is not the same as disguised !

"Banned knives and weapons

It is illegal to bring into the UK, sell, hire, lend or give anyone the following:

• disguised knives - a blade or sharp point hidden inside what looks like everyday objects such as a buckle, phone, brush or lipstick"

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

"Section 141 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 provides that it is an offence to manufacture, sell or hire, offer for sale or hire, expose or have in his possession for the purpose of sale or hire of or lending or giving to any other person certain specified weapons. The Criminal Justice Act (Offensive Weapons) Order 1988 (S.I 1998/2019) (as amended) provides that the following are specified weapons for the purpose of section 141:

d) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘belt buckle knife’, being a buckle which incorporates or conceals a knife..."

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/186911/Knives_and_offensive_weapons_information_GDS_FAQ.pdf

Can we put this to bed now, please?

maximus otter

Yup, very clear.

(To those carrying multi-tools, even 'normal' ones not incorporated into a belt buckle, if the multitools have locking knife blades, you may also, depending on your reason for having a locking blade in public, be steering into legal danger)

Thanks for the clarifications Maximus.

I think we can all lament the fact that societal acceptance of being prepared for even minor eventualities borders on there being a danger of being fined for bleeding on an assailant.

Gone are the days of kids with pocket knives even some scout troops don't use/teach sheath knives these days (we never felt the need to stick em in each other.....damn demographics) and gents with sword sticks. Why? That's a whole other thread.

Yup, very clear.

(To those carrying multi-tools, even 'normal' ones not incorporated into a belt buckle, if the multitools have locking knife blades, you may also, depending on your reason for having a locking blade in public, be steering into legal danger)

Damn shame as this has just put my rather expensive Leatherman out with the law.......... Ffs

Damn shame as this has just put my rather expensive Leatherman out with the law.......... Ffs

Yes - which is why I have a Gerber "bladeless" multitool. Designed without a blade for employees of "knife free" zones in US.

Or you could use a SOG which has a non locking blade.

Nowadays I EDC a swiss army knife.

Nowadays I EDC a swiss army knife.

On a factory visit to Swarovski about 17 years ago we found some goodies upon arrival on our hotel beds. The gem was a small Swiss army knife incorporating scissors, tweezers and a small blade.

I reckon I used the scissors far more than I ever used the blade!

• 4 years later...