D.C.R two stage trigger

John RPA

Good news John. Now all we need to know is:

1. When?
  2. How much?
  3. LEFT HANDED?

I'm still waiting for the availability of the single stage left hand for the R700, no updates since the Shooting Show. I might be tempted to wait a while longer for the two stage, IF the timescales are reasonable.

I was hoping to be able to support a UK company, but the lack of information makes me think I will have to go with a Timney or Rifle Basix.

Promising but disappointing.

+1 to DML,

Though least there are non US alternatives in CG Centra,, Bix'n A, Davis and probably many other hidden gems.

Find it frustrating rather than disappointing, and now it seems there may be another trigger (2-stage?), possibly being developed in deepest Brum area?

So many bright lights tonight, but each hiding under its own little bushel ?

DML sorry not to get back to you quicker but due to lack of demand compared to the right hand units we dicided to forge on with the two stage trigger,as this will be avalible in left hand at some stage also,as for prices this is the prototype which works 100%

so now when the test units are run at production speeds we will be able to work out a price

we will be making a unit for the t3 which is the next line of triggers to be made

• 1 year later...

As a less experienced shooter what are the pros and cons of a two staged trigger .I like them others seem not to .

I like them as well,,,,True two stage triggers usually enable increased main sear engagement{safer} until you start moving through first stage until you get to second stage when this can be set really light.You have the opportunity to back off into first stage again if one decides not to fire and the whole sequence can then start again.You can of course have really light single stage triggers but would have to be of high quality and probably not be set too light for field work. A single stage trigger is usually cheaper to manufacture for mass production.A two stage trigger can be more complicated to make ,set up and maintain correctly especially for those do not understand trigger mechanisms.There are two stage trigger mechanisms that are not true two stage ie,,,,,where a first stage lever only bears against a spring before coming into contact with a singly set trigger sear.All are safe as long as they are correctly set up and maintained.

Archived