.22 barrel lenth

benny243

mine is long gone.

That may have been part of my problem, the gun (a full custom Volquartsen built by SYSS) wouldn't feed Eley SSHP at all, I had always found it the most accurate of the .22 subs in other guns, but couldn't use it. Accuracy was acceptable with Winchester and to be fair I shot many rabbits with it and enjoyed using it, but if you are sensible with range that doesn't require a tack driver, which it wasn't.

one thing you can get is poor feeding in a 10-22 with a match barrel , something to do with very tight tolerance on the chamber?

one thing you can get is poor feeding in a 10-22 with a match barrel , something to do with very tight tolerance on the chamber?

Dead right, I think that was happening to me. So I concluded that even if the barrel was "match accurate" it was a moot point when the gun wouldn't actually feed match ammo into it and I disposed of it. (Eley match was another it wouldn't feed at all)

Even the stuff it did feed had obviously had a bit of a shave on the way into the chamber, which couldn't have done the bullets any good. I gave up 10-22s entirely, I wont say I'll never have another, but they are not on my wish list at the moment.

I run a 12.5" VQ CF barrel on one of my rifles and a 14"(ish) heavy barrel on the other and in practical terms there's no real difference in accuracy between them. Surprised at The_Dogge's bad experience with the VQ as they're normally extremely accurate. Sounds like you might have had a bad one, which is disappointing. You are all right in saying that the tighter chamber can lead to them being slightly more fussy. I've settled on SK ammunition, either Standard Plus or Rifle Match, not the bean can stuff and found it to be both reliable and accurate.

Archived