New fac/sgc license fees announced

phaedra1106uk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeell, some go up some go down, it could have been a lot worse...,out of the things we buy to reload etc, go up on a monthly basis, when was it the last time the FAC/SGC fees were revised?

I'm happy enough for one...

All the best

Finman

I personally thing were going to get bent over and given the jail house treatment with these annual increases. Great way to effectively get rid of private ownership of firearms. Price people out of it! They won't even have to debate it in parliament now.

What are the chances of it going to 10 years? Slim I bet. Since when has any change in the law benefitted shooters? Just because they havent ramped up the price this time doesn't mean they can't or won't in the future.

Danny, I concur but I could say the same with car insurance, house insurance, train ticket prices, tax on petrol and beer etc, etc, etc, etc.

Even if renewal fees went up to £250 heavens forbid, then it would still be less than £1 per week. How much do we spend on crap coffee from one of the chains every week ? Do we drive less or drink less ???

IMHO the issue is the lacklustre performance and service we receive.

Danny, there is nothing new here-fees for most licences-not just shooting-have always gone up 'nominally'

My impression is that they are now less expensive for shooters than at any time in the last 50 odd years,spanning my student-working-retired years,with corresponding incomes.

I can't see £13 per year as a 'priced out of it' proposition,nor any suggestion at all of draconian increases in the future...whatever would be needed anyhow?-has 'pleasure' driving much reduced since fuel went over £1 for eight gallons? Or social drinking since lager went over £1 for 6 pints of carlsberg special draught?

If unconvinced,best enjoy it while you can ....... :-)

gbal

£60 in 2006 (last time the fee was changed I believe) would be the equivalent of approximately £78 now. So not more than an inflation increase

Renewal of £50 in 200 is now equivalent to £65.

Now we need to concentrate on the service side of things and get that to rise in a similar manner. To be honest my local force (Herts & Beds) have been fantastic, not sure if that will last now they have joined with Cambs.

dont knock it -good value for money in my book.iv never had a problem with WYP firearms, any variations -spare barrels etc to go on ticket have been dealt with on time and hassle free.

i have more hassle with builders merchants supplying me with the correct items i order :angry:

Archived