Half click a pm11

Dustyman

I've got 2 PM 11s both in mill rads ( 1 cm click value ) the first is first focal plain and I've never had a problem on the three difrant rifles I've swopped it onto. The second one is second focal plane but I haven't got round to fitting it yet. I was shown a fix years ago that might help. Tacke a roll of camra film and cut a shim to go up down left or right. Now I know this sounds extreme but I've done this on a rim fire and a cheap scope and it worked. This goes against all I've been taught regarding lapping the rings ect! If my very expensive S&B wasn't spot on at 100 and I've tried difrent mounts ( not a cheap option as they have to be 34mm ) ide try it, using extreme care when tightening the rings. Personaly its a conferdance in my kit thing, if I'm off 1 click value at 100 meters then I'm off 2 at 200, and so on. I know that means I could adjust over at 200 in theory, but I want my rifles to shoot spot on at 100. My night vision does this, and I have to live with it, but a proper scope no way.

Am I missing something here??? The S&B PMII scope has an adjusting of .1mil which means that you can adjust it to 1cm accurate at 100m. How can be that you are left or right and you can not be on center?! You can be of for max 5mm/100m...

See the target Groups either side of centre as I clicked 1 click over , 5 shots in each group , think I'm gonna take off , refit and reshoot when I do the other target the weekend , I just wondered if there was a way to centre other than with the click really so I would just be resetting the datum point of the clicks . It appears not so its a scope or mount movement then work from there as I understand it now , thanks to all for input . Much appreciatted

Archived